• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A socal meet

DocStruthers

Veteran CEG'er
Let's all meet up!?

Anyone have a desirable time and place in mind?

Maybe a state beach perhaps?

Huntington Beach?

I know we have folks in LA and folks in SD so
maybe in the middle Orange County ish?
:shrug:

dude. you live in Irvine? I swear to God I saw you in some shopping center. Do you have some damage to the front of your car? text or call me at 949-677-9955

Yea im missing a bit of paint on the front passenger side just below the light. You probably saw me across from UCI. I don't live in Irvine anymore i should change my location but i used to go to school there so i go back often to meet up with some friends

ha that's cool. Next time your in Irvine hit me up. If it's early we can meet for lunch round 11 or after work round 530. Let me know.

IN IRVINE! on the 28th!
Saturday Morning!

At the Ford Motor Company, Mazda, Mercury
Premier Automotive Group

RIGHT off of the 5 freeway next to a huge strip mall
called the Irvine Spectrum.

NICE cars. Let's meet up and roll in together!

nope. its a saturday this time i guess. the 28th.
cars and coffee or something lame like that. that's the one.

Its always been on Saturdays and get there early......Like at 6:00am.......Everyone leaves by 9:00am......Too far for me.....One hour and forty five minutes to be exact........They open the coffee shop in the Pacific Auto Group.....You enter from the back.....Found this out when I went to use the restrooms....Same side as the freeway....

Some of us SoCal folks used to meet every now and then and now it seems like everyone is too busy - at least to spend more than a few hours - to meet these days unless it's a car show like Fabulous Fords or something. It's probably going to rain Saturday (already is in south Orange County) but maybe meeting for lunch somewhere might be something that we can do so as to not take too many hours out of the day. It's probably too late to set anything up for tomorrow but maybe next weekend or ?

The "Sunset Showdown" car show is happening on Sunday 12/13 at Sunset Ford in Westminster if anyone wants to check that out as sort of a meet.
Karl

If I'm not actually in the show, I usually stop by to take some pictures of the event. We used to have our SVT club meetings at that dealership and some of the folks are still involved but now with the Bay Cities Mustang Club. They are the one's putting on the shows now and their president was our SVT club president. Those of us that wanted to, continued our membership with BCMC even if we don't have a Mustang (yet). They'll either have a bar-b-q going or, like last year, maybe have In-N-Out there or something.

The only place to park is along the main street there which is Garden Grove Blvd and sometimes you end up way down the street. Depending on when you get there sometimes spots open up across the street or at least nearer than several blocks away.

I've tried several times to get other Contour/Mystique owners to enter the show as I'm usually the only one in it. Last year I was thrown in a class with 50's & 60's (non Mustang) muscle cars. I guess it's better than being in the Focus class. They can get kind of ricey. When I was alone in my own class, I obviously got first place every year and that's when I was really promoting that everyone enter. Anyway, it's probably too late to plan for entering this year (I'm undecided) but there's always next year.
Karl

Car Show Postponed!

Car Show Postponed!

As you well might imagine, due to the rain, this car show has been postponed. Even if it didn't rain tomorrow, setup would be today and the powers that be didn't want people working in the rain which is sensible. The show will likely be next month sometime.
Karl

So is this ever going to happen? I suggest Hearst castle if we are to include the N CA guys,if it is just us southerners LA and SD an Ortega Highway Cruise.What date is good for everyone?

Back