• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

After 6 hours of detailing...i present to you

TGO

King of the OFT
Papa Smurf...

P280609_195303.jpg

he eats babies.

P280609_195302.jpg

P280609_195202.jpg

P280609_195301.jpg

P280609_195401.jpg

P280609_1954.jpg

P280609_1955.jpg

P280609_195101.jpg

P280609_2008.jpg

P280609_195002.jpg

of course i forgot my real camera as i went to the gas station to vacuum the car out and take pics before it got dark. next time i wash i'll clean the engine bay...though it doesn't look all that bad right now.

i love this car.

While the car is AWESOME, I totally agree with Todd on this. Pontiac in general had some poor wheel choices...

the 17's are worse! atleast the 18's fill out the wheel wells nicely and they do look a little better in person.

i'm actually picking up a set of stock 17's for the winter soon...$200 with tires! lol!

yeah it's heavy...but only a couple hundred pounds more than a mustang :laugh:

and with the springs that are on this car it really doesn't feel heavy at all.

Yeah, I was kinda referring to your wheels when I made my comment, Tex, sorry. I just don't really feel the Pontiac wheels. :(

i dunno. they aren't THAT bad. and the GTO 17's look like the G8 wheels actually.

on a side note, i forget these cars are assembled in australia. i am constantly reminded though by the round recesses for the holden badges that now have round inserts with the pontiac logo printed on them...and i pulled the carpeting out of the back of the trunk (the gas tank is actually between the trunk and the back seat) to run my sirius antenna today and found a sticker saying "holden us coupe" and some other stuff on the protective bracing in front of the tank.

EDIT: and while i was cleaning today i decided to get comfortable in the back seat for a second. it's actually pretty nice. more leg room than the volvo, that's for sure. also forget that these were 4 door cars in certain countries.

very very nice ride man. I was looking at your pics at first thinking man wtf is up here he usually has way beter quality pics............ Then I got to the camera part lol. Post some real pics when you get a chance so we can really see the beauty of this beast!

yeah that's why i bought an slp license plate hanger...no visible holes in the bumper. just need to get some different bolts so it's easily removable.

i dunno how it compares to a GT. only mustang gt i ever drove was an 02. would embarass that car...but the new gt's are excellent cars from what i've seen/heard.

Those look better than the 17's though:shrug: and BTW, what did you coat that GTO with:confused:

zaino, of course. zfx'd with Z5...probably will repeat next week. once i get a few coats of Z5 on i'll put one of Z2 and then admire with sunglasses on.

Back