• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Crashed the subaru

rouar

fixer
Admin
This happened last Saturday. I've been waiting to hear back from the insurance company, and to calm myself down a bit, before posting publicly.

Please be kind in your replies .. while my public posts this week have been chipper, I've inwardly been an emotional wreck.. whatever you have to say that is negative, trust me, I already know.

Bottom line, flock of geese were wandering on I-495S, the SUV in front of me slammed on her brakes to avoid hitting one, and I didn't stop quickly enough. I was in the middle lane, moderate to heavy traffic, but I was not tailgating. The car went under the SUV. Despite the amount of damage, insurance today has deemed it repairable. It will in a few hours be towed to the bodyshop that did my repairs last time.

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

DSC02639.JPG

DSC02636.JPG

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

DSC02630.JPG

DSC02631.JPG

DSC02632.JPG

Please be kind in your replies .. while my public posts this week have been chipper, I've inwardly been an emotional wreck.. whatever you have to say that is negative, trust me, I already know.

Sorry to hear about that. And nothing negative to say, no one leaves enough room. Did you at least get to eat the goose?

God Matt, I'm really sorry. People need to learn, sometimes its better just to hit the animal. They could have saved their car and yours.

One thing I wasn't clear on when you first told me about this:
Were there other cars in front of the chick in front of you?
Who hit the goose? her?

I'm just wondering how much of a pile up this caused and if you two were the only ones that incurred damage.

People need to learn, sometimes its better just to hit the animal. They could have saved their car and yours.

That's what I was taught in driver's ed. Most of the time it's safer to hit the critter than put others on the road at risk with your crappy animal avoidance.

Oh crap Matt! That sucks. Sorry to hear. I'm assuming since you've been around you're ok?

The geese aren't proctected are they? I think here we get fined or something for hitting one. :nonono:

But yeah, she should have mowed over them and kept going, you may have still incurred damaged from flying goose parts, but would have been better than this.

GL with repairs, and if you suffered any damage feel better.

That idiot. Slam the brakes to miss a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing bird :nonono:. Put a human's life at risk because you want to save a bird, that you didn't save anyway. They probably feel bad, but what a dumb choice. They could have killed someone. No blame on you really because no one should be going from 70 to 0 on the highway without some kind of accident.

Get well, and I hope they save the car :eek:.

Were there other cars in front of the chick in front of you?
Who hit the goose? her?

There were other cars in front of her, but I believe it was she who was the only one to stop quick. It is likely (again, assuming, from my perspective) that a goose was wandering into our lane from the right-hand lane.

There were only two vehicles involved in the crash. (Yes, the other driver and I were just as surprised as you.)

I am not going to state much publicly. I can explain more at the clam meet.

As far as injuries, I slammed my right hand into the ashtray and broke the console. Didn't go to the hospital and the only thing left is a little scar on my knuckle. The other driver had a headache but also did not immediately seek medical assistance. She was very nice to me about the whole ordeal, and I her .. I think we were both just thankful that the other person didn't flip out, lol. We were both from out-of-state, heading to fun events that both had to get canceled.

Thanks everyone.

Im sorry too bro. I really really liked that car too. I dunno if I hope it gets fixed or they total it though because we all know cars are never the same when they get fixed.
I still hope to see you at SZ though man :) Hell, if I can be there Im sure you can too :eek:

Matt, sorry to hear but glad you are okay. In your defense I wouldn't expect a person to stop hard in the middle of a highway. when going with the flow of traffic it's easy to get caught up in stuff, same thing probally would have happenend to me. cheer up !!

Man that's really gotta suck. I feel so bad for you. Not to sound to much like a downer but perhaps you should try to unload it after it gets fixed this time. The car might have some kind of death wish and I wouldn't want you to have to go through this again.

Back