• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno place

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok I'm tired of this BS, I had an appointment at Nelsons to get my car on the dyno next week, and they just called me and told me that the speedo thingy is broke and its going to be another 3-4 WEEKS before I can get on it. I called alternative and they dont have the software to tune a contour. What is left? I heard nothing but bad things about livernois so I dont wanna go there. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Any suggestions?

I dont really feel like driving to IL to get my car tuned on a dyno. There has to be another place in MI that people have been to. Especially since I just mapped it and its 6 hours away!

Last edited:
I was thinking about him, but the thing is with mail order tunes(what I think) is that they have no idea what is going on inside my car. With a dyno, they know everything about it, my A/F and what not. Esp since im running nitrous.

And I'm telling you where to take it. Name me one CEGer that has had good luck getting a Contour tuned in the Detroit region? :idea:

i thought about mentioning Walsh, but yea, i didn't think they would have any tuning programs for a contour.

Think C.A.R.S. might have a way to tune, I wouldn't think so, but it's a possibility.

i asked him about it a few weeks ago, and he was going to talk to the guys at diablo about the software.... but with them having new ownership, i'm not sure what happened there.

Ya they have the stuff to do it there. Its ALOT cheaper than I was quoted at nelsons, would someone go with me that knows the contour stuff please? He said he would do a diablo flip chip for it. Id like to next thurs

Ya they have the stuff to do it there. Its ALOT cheaper than I was quoted at nelsons, would someone go with me that knows the contour stuff please? He said he would do a diablo flip chip for it. Id like to next thurs

what shop are you talking about? :shrug:

Back