• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Dragon Run, info right here

Why is it so warm and why am I in a hand basket?

Anywho ask Sharkey how I drove at the Dragon. LOL! I don't drive that far to get held up by some grandma! I will pass you even when I shouldn't. Going that far to run there makes me drive like Schumaker! It was fun to do once because we were on the way to Petite LeMans. Not something I'd go back and do just to do. Lots of other places I haven't been to.

Last edited:
Schumaker? why wern't you driving like that on Gingerman? You where more like micheal waltrip out there :)

Just got done talking to one of the guys I know that went to the dragon in may. Said when they got off US129 or whatever there was a huge sign that said "GO HOME!!!!!"

"GO HOME":shrug: wonder what that's about?

Probably has something to do with dickbags going down there then breaking every driving law known to man. Locals don't really wanna see that ****. How about I start doing hot laps around your block. Is that cool?

http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?p=187968#post187968

It's NEVER too early to plan these things, as I'm sure Todd, Mark, Chang, Jim/Scott/Mark and now Steeda already know and I thought I'd let you guys know that a date has been reached and cabin info is now up. I'd like to invite you guys down for a weekend of driving, eating and general hanging out (like a meet). Just to let you know that from the general metro Detroit area its about 600 miles/11 hour drive, give or take, so I use the Thursday as a travel day to get there and come home on Sunday. The area is very nice as well as the people in town. This is our 5th annual already and I'd really like to see atleast ONE person come from the #1 region of the CEG besides myself. There is a link for the cabins there already and the post was just made today, so give it some time for it to grow and grow it will. Prices for the cabins are VERY CHEAP!

Hope to see some of you out there!

Depending upon when everybody is leaving and what is going on with school. I might be up for this. But it would be a tight squeeze budget wise with me, I would have to share a hotel.

Probably has something to do with dickbags going down there then breaking every driving law known to man. Locals don't really wanna see that ****. How about I start doing hot laps around your block. Is that cool?

Jason, there are NO homes on the Dragon:p Secondly, the local economy wants/needs the money that's brought in by various clubs, i.e. the MINI club that had FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE CARS there a couple weeks ago for example:) Speaking of that, they've already set up the run for next year and its the end of April and I'm going to make that one for sure this time, but will probably not be staying in the area as its just gotta be way too crowded and besides, I like the Tellico Plains area. I'm sure next year they'll easily surpass FIVE HUNDRED CARS, amazing:eek:

Honestly though, the majority of the guys running the Dragon aren't "dickbags", trust me I've been down there enough times already and I'm kinda sorry I even posted this, again. Not for the reason you might think either but rather all the negativity surrounding this. Alot of people read this and think its really that bad when its really not:blackeye:

The negativity is 100% expected. YOU ARE BREAKING SPEED LIMITS AND IN TRYING TO DRIVE LIKE YOU ARE ON A TRACK!!!! I understand its a fun road cool then go the speed limit. WTF is this BS slow in fast out ****? Its a public road

Back