• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First Cars

i wish i coulda seen that!!!!!!

My first car was a 1989 Ford Tempo GLS 2.3 HSC H.O. also known as the HSO....
IMG_0294_2.jpg

In my opinion, probably one of the cleanest Tempo's I've ever seen... i tried anyways.

Sharp Tempo -- I like it.

And yes, the Taurus MT-5 was quite a sight -- a great rig. And one more thing -- I had a chrome 40 channel CB neatly mounted on the passenger's side of the console and a magnetic whip antenna anchored on the back of the roof. Something else, man. Something else.

Ed Rooney's car. :)

Dennis Franz drove one in the first season episode of Hunter entitled "The Snow Queen." He played the Sgt. Jackie Molinas, the villain, and sported brown polyester slacks that were a touch too short, revealing his white socks. Quite a look. Great show, though. :cool:

DennisFranz_jpg.jpg

A business man with a business man's car.

Yeah really nice Tempo, I on the other hand had an '87 Tempo 2.3 HSC auto, in maroon, with matching velour interior. I hated that car, used to beat it up daily, it's actually what got me into working on cars, I'd beat it, it would break, I would have money for parts but not labor, so I'd fix it myself.

Then I'd get mad at it for breaking, beat it up, and something else would break, etc. etc. But now I have the 'Tour, so whatever.

Yeah really nice Tempo, I on the other hand had an '87 Tempo 2.3 HSC auto, in maroon, with matching velour interior. I hated that car, used to beat it up daily, it's actually what got me into working on cars, I'd beat it, it would break, I would have money for parts but not labor, so I'd fix it myself.

Then I'd get mad at it for breaking, beat it up, and something else would break, etc. etc. But now I have the 'Tour, so whatever.

I did the same to my 92 Tempo although nothing ever broke, except the baffles inside the muffler...........

1985 Toyota Camry. (Not this exact one, but same color+everything. This one's an '86: third brake light.)
camry.jpg

Not overly fun, but useful and easy to work on. Got rid of it when tranny went...the ATX on that car was prbably as expensive as the engine.

Now THAT'S ajob interview car. Look at that hotrod. That puppy must have broken 70!

I never had that car past 75mph, and I even had the gas pedal pegged. If you look in the 2nd picture, in front of the rear bumper you can see a rust spot that was actually a hole in the trunk, if you looked down in the trunk you could see through it, both sides were like that. :laugh:
I do miss that car sometimes. It was probably turned into a couple pop cans by now, who knows. :shrug:
I'm gonna try to see if I still have the VIN somewhere for it and run a carfax to see if it's still on the road.

I never had that car past 75mph, and I even had the gas pedal pegged. If you look in the 2nd picture, in front of the rear bumper you can see a rust spot that was actually a hole in the trunk, if you looked down in the trunk you could see through it, both sides were like that. :laugh:
I do miss that car sometimes. It was probably turned into a couple pop cans by now, who knows. :shrug:
I'm gonna try to see if I still have the VIN somewhere for it and run a carfax to see if it's still on the road.

Haha. I have a knack for guessing stuff like that. If it shows up on Carfax, PLEASE post the report. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is intrigued...

Back