• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Guess what I picked up

Well, I'm off to the Junkyard tomorrow. Terry says that a 3.8 is a must with a 3.0. Yay, if you dont hear from me again its because an engine fell on me at the U-PULL-IT.

this project still on schedule for SZ? I sure hope so.

PM if you need/want a hand with anything. Short notice is fine....now that its warm im pumped to get back into car stuff. And for the first time in almost 2 years, mine is 'done'.

Nice.

Well, I hope so. I just need to pick up a Zetec tranny for the gear then ship it to Terry. He sent me a Email today saying the tranny is in real good shape so its mod time :). Starting with the gear and shift tower mod. I might need some help the weekend of the install.

Thanks,

There is a Zetec MTX at the LKQ here.

Thanks Todd. I found 2 here both were under 100k and $200.00. My buddy said he'll pick it up tomorrow that way I can tear it down and ship off the pieces to Terry on Wendsday priority mail. Unless you know of a better way. LMK.

Thanks Todd. I found 2 here both were under 100k and $200.00. My buddy said he'll pick it up tomorrow that way I can tear it down and ship off the pieces to Terry on Wendsday priority mail. Unless you know of a better way. LMK.

ship it UPS Ground if you are in the Chicago area it is guaranteed one day ground and insured for $100

just my $.02 good luck.. I love the ported 3L I have feels alot like a svt above 4grand but below it has plenty of power unlike the 2.5.

ship it UPS Ground if you are in the Chicago area it is guaranteed one day ground and insured for $100

just my $.02 good luck.. I love the ported 3L I have feels alot like a svt above 4grand but below it has plenty of power unlike the 2.5.

Good call! One day shipping.

thanks

Picked up the tranny from Terry yesterday. I've come to terms that the SVT wont be ready for Sping Zing. I'll have it running by then but I just dont want to chance something going wrong.

Nonsense! No better way to get some quality miles on it.

If it doesnt leak oil and/or coolant after startup and first drive, nothing to worry about.

Picked up the tranny from Terry yesterday. I've come to terms that the SVT wont be ready for Sping Zing. I'll have it running by then but I just dont want to chance something going wrong.

How much did sending the tranny to terry cost you? Total? I'm trying to figure out prices for how much I'll be spending on the trans alone.

How much did sending the tranny to terry cost you? Total? I'm trying to figure out prices for how much I'll be spending on the trans alone.

Well, lets see
$550-clutch & bearing
$580-torsen
$220-Zetec trans
$220-Keyed tower thingy
$250-Terry Labor
$65-Royal Purple
$1885 grand total spent on a perfectly good trans LOL.
Hope the wife never does the math!

But I do have alot of good parts to sell :)

Back