• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hamilton Area Pre-Meetup before CEG Meet on April 18th, INFO Here!!!

CKtour98

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok guys so its been finalized that Sunday, April 18th @ 1-2pm is our first meet at Boston Pizza in Oakville. Since thats still a nice ways away from Hamilton+area, ANYONE whos coming that lives in the Hamilton/Stoney Creek/Etc area we can meet up beforehand to cruise there together, Id think meeting around 12:00pm is ideal, and we would be meeting in a plaza off Queenston and Nash Rd. "Pitstop" as its called..

Heres a Google Maps Streetview of the lot we will be meeting in. Its where the Blue truck is parked, in that overflow lot/area.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=...dE2XjVwED76i_NF9FMRaaA&cbp=12,204.18,,0,16.21

And heres just a normal Google Map version so you can understand the area (if required)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...lton,+Hamilton+Division,+Ontario,+Canada&z=16

This is the big hangout in the Hamilton area during nice weather on Friday-Saturday-Sunday's....theres even bunch of us there during the week but not as much as the 3 days I just said. Easiest way to get there from Toronto is QEW to Redhill Expressway, and then take Redhill until the Queenston Rd exit. Turn left and drive straight for 5 minutes or less and its on the righthand side :)
This isnt mandatory, I just thought it would be cool if we could meetup here for any locals and then go together. Also, we could meet up with any Burlington/area guys as well on the way if desired..

I just got back at 4am this morning from a NY-PA-NJ-CT-MA-NH-VT drive. Not sure if I can go out of my way to meet random people anymore lol.

But more seriously, I'll try my best to make it out. But last time I went to a CEG meet, it ended pretty disastrously... :laugh:

Lol, well this is simple this time, just a little cruise to our meetup, then grab some food at BP after, talk for a bit, etc then cruise back home :)

Ok so far its me and Aaron (SVT SNOB) meeting up in Hamilton at the location posted above,.....anyone else?? I know theres a few Hamilton guys on here!!! Come out for an afternoon of fun :)

Like I said in the other thread, I may aswell go down to meet up with you guys then cruise on up to BP. So, what time would we meet up then if the meet will be at 1 (Of course, if everyone else is ok with it).

If everyones cool for getting to BP for around 1pm, Id think we should meet up in Hamilton at the location I posted for around 12pm-12:30pm...

Alright man. I'll make sure to bring my camera to take some pics. I won't be able to keep up with either you or Aaron.. 2.5 FTL. Highway on and off ramps though are different story :).

Alright man. I'll make sure to bring my camera to take some pics. I won't be able to keep up with either you or Aaron.. 2.5 FTL. Highway on and off ramps though are different story :).

Yeah for sure, dont forget the camera!! As for on/off ramps, you need to see Aarons car, it boots it. lol. My SVT pulls like a champ getting onto the highway, and I always boot it a bit because I love the sound of the Duratec :) Ahhhhh it sounds so good lol

Heres a Google Maps Streetview of the lot we will be meeting in. Its where the Blue truck is parked, in that overflow lot/area.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=...dE2XjVwED76i_NF9FMRaaA&cbp=12,204.18,,0,16.21

And heres just a normal Google Map version so you can understand the area (if required)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...lton,+Hamilton+Division,+Ontario,+Canada&z=16

This is the big hangout in the Hamilton area during nice weather on Friday-Saturday-Sunday's....theres even bunch of us there during the week but not as much as the 3 days I just said. Easiest way to get there from Toronto is QEW to Redhill Expressway, and then take Redhill until the Queenston Rd exit. Turn left and drive straight for 5 minutes or less and its on the righthand side :)

Updated first post as well with this info.

Yeah for sure, dont forget the camera!! As for on/off ramps, you need to see Aarons car, it boots it. lol. My SVT pulls like a champ getting onto the highway, and I always boot it a bit because I love the sound of the Duratec :) Ahhhhh it sounds so good lol

Yeah man, I won't. I <3 my camera lol. Oh yeah I bet his car does! Who doesn't love the sound of the Duratec.. Duratec makes me go boiinggg haha. But yeah I'm actually talking about the corner part of the ramps. My car handles like a champ haha.

I bet it does with everything...I just need some sticky tires and picking up some subframe connectors soon and Ill be set to tear up the roadcourse :)

BTW, how much did Tag charge you to install the s/f connectors?

I bet it does with everything...I just need some sticky tires and picking up some subframe connectors soon and Ill be set to tear up the roadcourse :)

BTW, how much did Tag charge you to install the s/f connectors?

I think it was $350 for the exhaust and SFC's. They apparently worked on it until 3am the day I picked it up. They also fixed my exhaust tip that was crushed. It looks really good now. They also added some extra bracing on the SFC's.. either that or it was necessary to have it installed.

I don't think I'll be tracking my car this year. I need much better brakes and axles before I go to the track, then I'll be set. Anyone wanna let me drive there car on the track since mine won't be ready :). I do have racing experience so I'm not a noob :D.

Let's wait until Saturday to make the call. Weather likes to change.

Anybody wanna meet up tomorrow or something? Kind of short notice but it will be nice. Maybe just a meet-n-greet or something :shrug:.

I had a unplanned meet up with a fellow SVTC owner in Toronto yesterday. Small parking lot (space for dozen cars or so), parked right next to one. Met the owner as he was leaving too.

Let's wait until Saturday to make the call. Weather likes to change.

Anybody wanna meet up tomorrow or something? Kind of short notice but it will be nice. Maybe just a meet-n-greet or something :shrug:.

Still saying rain, but we will see tomorrow night as well, and again Saturday afternoon. But so far, not looking good :(

As for tomorrow Im working so its a no-go for me...and damn, I really was looking forward to this meet! lol

Yeah I don't wanna make any decisions until Saturday. I was looking forward to this meet too!

Ahh.. alright. If the meet doesn't happen this weekend, do you think I could swing by your place, or you swing by mine, to pick up that shift knob?

Weather Update: Chance of Rain is now at 60% from 40 yesterday/last night. :(

I'll be running around this Saturday into Burlington, so I may try to stop by Aarons to pick up something so we can always meet somewhere if ya wanna take a little drive into our neck of the woods lol

Back