• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello Cobalt SS Turbo

Chris@CTA

Veteran CEG'er
With the change in our family situation, my wife Karen recently purchased a Ford Escape Limited, leaving my Chrysler Pacifica Limited with no real use to us. This gave me the opportunity to remove the Pacifica from our fleet so that I could get something else to drive (manual, no Auto). You guys that know me, know that I'll hardly every drive it. :crazy:

Agenda was to find a small performance car for under $25G's (CANADIAN DOLLARS). It boiled down to either a used 2008 Caliber SRT4 or a brand new 2009 Cobalt SS (4 door). Chrysler had no available rebates on the 09 SRT4, but did have low interest rate financing. GM on the other hand, had 0% financing (with stipulations, front the cost for tax and any deficit on your trade), or bank financing with GM $4000.00 (CANADIAN DOLLARS) cash rebate. In the end, I got this SS for just over $23G's (CANADIAN DOLLARS) and paid tax only on the difference between my trade and this car. For an extra $15.00 per payment (CANADIAN DOLLARS), I got a 7 year 60k km warranty. I figured, might as well, because it's cheap insurance, and it is a bumper to bumper warranty for 7 years.

Here's a couple of pics from this evening, as it stood outside the dealer showroom. As it stands, it's one of the only white Cobalt SS 4 doors in our province. (Was the only one listed in GM's Inventory)

100_1524.JPG

100_1526.JPG

100_1523.JPG

100_1522.JPG

Thank goodness you didn't get the caliber...those are fugly!! Too bad you weren't able to get a 2dr. I like those tails a little better. Not a bad car though. Nice acquisition :cool:

nice. what's all that white :censored::censored::censored::censored: on the ground? :confused:

glad to see it doesnt have one of those big combat style voltron wings. looks pretty conservative and sleeperish.

I hate regular Caliber's, but the SRT-4 aren't that bad. I like the old C:SS body style better. This one looks too plain.

But I'd still drive it anytime :laugh:

Thank goodness you didn't get the caliber...those are fugly!! Too bad you weren't able to get a 2dr. I like those tails a little better. Not a bad car though. Nice acquisition :cool:

The 4 door was chosen since it is cheaper on insurance and more of a sleeper. The big wing on the 2 door gives it away all too easily.

I know I seen a caliber SRT-4 in the newspaper the other day with a $7500 rebate. Im trying to find it now.......

Thats actually the only dodge I like, but at the end of the day its still a dodge :blackeye:

the dealers website doesnt give any prices on the SRT models

Last edited:
Beautiful car! I really like the ss edition, Chevy did a nice job when they came out with that model. Good choice going with white too. Now it needs some CF :)

Very nice. I've always been a fan of the Cobalt SS. Nice color too. If you can get financing now is a good time to buy a car.

i dunno, my buddies Cobolt SS had the super charger on it not a turbo and it was nice... Til like a DUBB SS he had it idling at work and ran back in for literaly a half a min and then seen it drive off... Never recovered... :nonono:

Back