• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello Cobalt SS Turbo

We also dumped our Pacifica last month and picked up a Cobalt sedan for the wife to drive. Hers is just the " lt " but I dont drive it much so I dont care much about that.

The Cobalt SS sedan has really sparked my interest though. Lots of great info over at the CobaltSS network.

Seriously thinking about picking up this one. http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ebaymotors/w...tems/cobalt-ss-sedan_W0QQ_trksidZm39&caz.html

Yes its an auto...but Im getting old

We also dumped our Pacifica last month and picked up a Cobalt sedan for the wife to drive. Hers is just the " lt " but I dont drive it much so I dont care much about that.

The Cobalt SS sedan has really sparked my interest though. Lots of great info over at the CobaltSS network.

Seriously thinking about picking up this one. http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ebaymotors/w...tems/cobalt-ss-sedan_W0QQ_trksidZm39&caz.html

Yes its an auto...but Im getting old

I'm getting up there in age too, but heck, not too old not to have fun. :) The SS in the ad is nice, and you can get aftermarket turbos for them too. ;)

nice pickup! I'm glad they started making the 4door SS with the turbo, I just wish they would have put the 2door rear end on it!

Chris, shame on you ther eis a front plate bracket on the car:laugh:. So the car should be lowered by what next weekend haha?

Aaron

Chris, shame on you ther eis a front plate bracket on the car:laugh:. So the car should be lowered by what next weekend haha?

Aaron

Aaron, that's the first thing I said when I saw it outside, DAMN, they already mounted the plate holder. :eek:

I am trying to find out if the rear bumper from the coupe will fit the 4 door. The issue would be the taillights, since the coupe has the reverse lights in the trunk lid, the sedan has it in the rear tails.

Aaron, that's the first thing I said when I saw it outside, DAMN, they already mounted the plate holder. :eek:

I am trying to find out if the rear bumper from the coupe will fit the 4 door. The issue would be the taillights, since the coupe has the reverse lights in the trunk lid, the sedan has it in the rear tails.

I figured one of the first things you would have told them after you agreed to buy it would be to not have the bracket on the car. So 23psi by the summer time:cool:. I think we all expect another high horsepower car from CTA :laugh:

Aaron

I guess I'm the only one that thinks that car is plain vanilla. There's nothing aggressive at all about it. I love sedans, but everything behind the front doors just looks akward and boring. From the swooping tops of the rear doors, to the gigantic, oddly shaped rear bumper.

But if there's anyone on here that can, and I'm sure will, make a car like this more physically appealing, it'll be Chris. And with the way he moves, it won't be long before he proves me right.

Good luck with the new purchase, I look forward to your progress!

Mark

I guess I'm the only one that thinks that car is plain vanilla. There's nothing aggressive at all about it. I love sedans, but everything behind the front doors just looks akward and boring. From the swooping tops of the rear doors, to the gigantic, oddly shaped rear bumper.

But if there's anyone on here that can, and I'm sure will, make a car like this more physically appealing, it'll be Chris. And with the way he moves, it won't be long before he proves me right.

Good luck with the new purchase, I look forward to your progress!

Mark

Hi Mark, believe me when I say that I didn't buy the SS for it's looks. :eek: I got it for the performance (bang for the buck). :laugh:

I'm already toting ideas for how to improve the rear, whether it be a more tasteful spoiler, different taillights, some custom carbon fibre?? HAHAHA, I have so many things to think about modding this car. :blackeye:

But thats half the point of getting the sedan versus the coupe.

I didnt notice the great little programmable display that they offer. Do you just have the boost gauge there on the pillar?

Hi Mark, believe me when I say that I didn't buy the SS for it's looks. :eek:

I was hoping you wouldn't get offended. :cool:

Chris@CTA said:
I'm already toting ideas for how to improve the rear, whether it be a more tasteful spoiler, different taillights, some custom carbon fibre?? HAHAHA, I have so many things to think about modding this car. :blackeye:

All good ideas. Definitely keep this thread updated with anything you do!

Mark

Nice Ride and I like the color. Been thinking about trading my Z06 for a Cobalt SS 4 door for the room and sleeper power. All the mags say the car is a great buy. -B.

Nice choice. Great sleeper. The 2.0T Ecotec's can really move with the right mods. My wife loves hers in her Saab. Are those 5 or 6 speed mtx?

Nice choice. Great sleeper. The 2.0T Ecotec's can really move with the right mods. My wife loves hers in her Saab. Are those 5 or 6 speed mtx?

I think they are 5-speeds.

Nice looking car, it's nice to see a 4-door, I have been seeing a lot of coupes around lately.

the trunk lid is totally interchangeable between models, such as the pontiac g6, cobalt coupe, cobalt sedan. i would believe that the rear bumper cover is changeable as well, i would put an SS rear or other aftermarket on :)

Nice Ride and I like the color. Been thinking about trading my Z06 for a Cobalt SS 4 door for the room and sleeper power. All the mags say the car is a great buy. -B.

If you can afford to wait I would suggest waiting for the Cruze SS to come out. It will have a better chassis and everyone who's seen one says they seem much better built. Of course you may find a bargain on a Cobalt SS since the Cobalt is technically discontinued now.

Back