• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hetfield: Destroyer of diffs

Too bad you never owned a Contour long enough to find out what breaking a diff is like. :p

So a period of nearly 5 years isn't long enough? Huh must have been my pussy approach to driving. Yeah i never dragged the car EVER but knowing how to use the 3rd peddle correctly always helps.

Last edited:
Wow - so what is the percentage of people blowing diffs and taking out the case at the same time vs not taking out the case... Mine didn't take out the case...

Wow - so what is the percentage of people blowing diffs and taking out the case at the same time vs not taking out the case... Mine didn't take out the case...

I have seen a decent amount on this site that have killed the case

So a period of nearly 5 years isn't long enough?

You bought the car in December '02, and you sold it to Kyle in April '06... so I guess if you're using new math that's five years. And yeah, I do suxor at teh clutch; I keep reminding myself of that everytime I go to GLD:blackeye:

Last edited:
You bought the car in December '02, and you sold it to Kyle in April '06... so I guess if you're using new math that's five years. And yeah, I do suxor at teh clutch; I keep reminding myself of that everytime I go to GLD:blackeye:

Tony does maf like Tina....

Last edited:
Sure you had it 5 years...but how long was it on the road? 2 hours? :laugh:

PLease don't get me started Josh. You should be one too talk your cars are on jack stands more then often enough. Yes the salvage car was on stands for awhile but it also was driven for over a year awating bodywork. Then I found the blown motor car which was back up and running rather quickly. That car was much like Hetfields a garage queen sitting through winter. Well actually it was daily driven so I guess thats not a garage queen now is it? Now if you all want to rip on my math go right ahead. Just don't get me started on Mikes driving skills while parked in the garage or Joshs mechanical aptitude(before you get your panties in a bunch remember who helped you out back in the day) Just because I troll around once in awhile and no one has seen me in a year? doesn't mean I've gotten nicer :)I'm still pissed 99% of the time.

Just messing with you Tony, take it easy...

For what it's worthI put 50K on my SE in the time i had it, and another 20k on the SVT right after i built it untill i found my Festiva. My cars are rarely on jack stands....they're all i have. There isn't much left i don't know how to do on theses cars, and yeah, you helped me out in the beginning a ton, hell i still call you with a question once and a while. It's all good man.

Last edited:
I know you guys are playing. **** thats all I do is **** with people to see how much they can take. Everyone still calls me once in awhile. Except for hetfield of course I'm thihnking his moderator stauts has consumed his soul and know he thinks he's holy'er than thou :)

Back