• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How Many CALI CEGers

in fact i have spare parts to get my csvt running for 20 years more my wife is very ungry with me. LOL the garage is full with engine, trans and any part i can get from ebay

hey guys, im new to SVT but not new to boards or speed. I'm in LA now but go south weekly, looking for more svt owners in the area. I see some of you are a tank orso away, lets gtg!
Help me get some ideas on what i should do with csvt#2486, w/97k.
send email or pm, if u see the silver98 on the 5-10-405,134, flash ur beams, give me ablast from ur horn and I will take the accelerator from the floor mat. ;)

Sold the car in 2006, but I have what I consider to be a spiritual successor in my Mazdaspeed 6 :)

Lived in San Diego during the time I owned the car and after a few years elsewhere, I am back home. Rarely visit the site these days, but used to be quite active.

Where at in the LA area? Im over off the 5 and valley view, in la mirada. Id be down to go for a cruise if we can get a few of us together

I am in santa clarita, I hang out in huntington a lot though. I am way down for a cruise, but my engine is still sitting on the floor in the garage, it will be breathin fire again in about a month though.

Well hurry that up then man! haha. I definitely would love to hear and see a 3L up close. Im looking to eventually do it to my car so id love to check it out. What other Mods do you have and how much HP are you putting out?

Mid january I will have time and all the parts to put the 3L back in. Dont know on the HP but I am guessing somewhere around 220 to the wheels. It's an oval port 3L, svt cams, cai, full exhaust, suspension goodies and other mods I am forgetting. It's just my project car so it just sits in the garage and collects dust and parts when I can afford them. It's a very fun car, we will have to get together at some point so you can check it out. I would for sure suggest a 3L, I am more than happy to help out with it too.

For sure, id love to check it out. And if the time ever comes for a swap, i'll definitely hit you up, cuz i dont have the slightest clue what im doing haha

Sweet, i wanna check that one out too haha. Have you ever been to johnson valley lake bed? Its right out by you, i went last month and it was amazing.

Never heard of Johnson Valley lake bed, I do not El Mirage lake bed though, there are tons of guys that go out there with their subies and whatnot. The 3L swap was surprisingly easy.

Hm, well its pretty close. I'll hit up el mirage sometime too. But when i went it was with a subie haha, fun stuff. Next time i go im gonna make a post and try and get as many people as possible. It was fun as hell. But id definitely love to check out your car man.

My parents live in Apple Valley and my brother lives in Hesperia! It's good to know there is a CSVT in the high desert! I visited there in my CSVT back in '99.

There used to be a lot of us back in the day. But, alas....most have either moved away or moved on to a better car. Sigh!

yea,.... i guess very true ...

Well, a lot of cars are Faster (in HP), but the CSVT is still strong imo.
Just simply on the free way, down shift , and we can pass most of the mid class cars.

I always want to host a meeting at bay area, last time only one guy showed up....
Please let me know , PM me if anyone in Bay area wants to meet up.

Back