• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HP battle!!

johnhazelair

CEG'er
So guys.. I was reading another thread about 2.5 vs 3.0L.... so... everyone (if you know it) post your HP and torque... lets see the numbers!

2.5L V6 in my Cougar :laugh:
3620.jpg

190hp 193tq
Ported 2005 3L w/ SE LIM and 17# injectors untuned.

134hp 133tq
Intake/exhaust 1995 2.5L SE 200k miles.

Give me about a week and half to get starjammir's hybrid on the dyno. I'm hoping it will make around 240 now that it's properly tuned.

no offense. it won't. it's gonna choke out on high rpm. even the shoshop/gutted intakes are not enough for a 3L.

also, he doesnt have 3L valves pressed in does he?

no offense. it won't. it's gonna choke out on high rpm. even the shoshop/gutted intakes are not enough for a 3L.

also, he doesnt have 3L valves pressed in does he?

Glad you showed up again to spread your expert opinion. :rolleyes: And yes, he does have full PnP heads with 3L valves.

oh where's your expert proof?

dude starjammir's my buddy. you can say what you want about me, but i realllly dont think you need to come here and talk up HIS car. he can do that just fine himself. he has a bum leg, not brain. and i'm sure he can type just fine.

either way, its a decent setup but it's not gonna do 240+. maybe on a dynojet in optimal weather conditions......but i doubt it.

that one guy that did 238whp has the compression bumped up with forged pistons and yes i understand a hybrid puts your compression up to around 11:1 but i really doubt he can do it with that compression ratio.

all that aside, i'd love to see what his car can do after the retune and such. i'd also like to see how SVT SNOB does but i heard he fried a ring or two on his current motor?

Hmmm. What about the little purple bottle in the trunk?
wtf does a bottle have to do with anything? if thats the case then your arguing with the right person huh tyler:laugh: I want to see N/A numbers no turbo/sc/spray. Id like to get mine on one very soon i think it will throw down good numbers with no tune and stock exhaust even.

oh where's your expert proof?

dude starjammir's my buddy. you can say what you want about me, but i realllly dont think you need to come here and talk up HIS car. he can do that just fine himself. he has a bum leg, not brain. and i'm sure he can type just fine.

either way, its a decent setup but it's not gonna do 240+. maybe on a dynojet in optimal weather conditions......but i doubt it.

that one guy that did 238whp has the compression bumped up with forged pistons and yes i understand a hybrid puts your compression up to around 11:1 but i really doubt he can do it with that compression ratio.

all that aside, i'd love to see what his car can do after the retune and such. i'd also like to see how SVT SNOB does but i heard he fried a ring or two on his current motor?

If your mocking TEX as being an expert...Please tell me... who you are to mock him?
Truth be told...you don't know $hit about bills car tricker!! Please...and let me ask again...PLEASE tell me how you know what he can and can not put down?
Is it because you know it all? Or thought you did....? Because....You didn't even know what type of heads he has on his car. Which tells me you have no room to place judgment on bills cars ability.

wtf does a bottle have to do with anything? if thats the case then your arguing with the right person huh tyler:laugh: I want to see N/A numbers no turbo/sc/spray. Id like to get mine on one very soon i think it will throw down good numbers with no tune and stock exhaust even.

trey...i think he was mocking trickers for blowing up his 2.5L at SZ....but then again. I might be wrong...:laugh:

trey...i think he was mocking trickers for blowing up his 2.5L at SZ....but then again. I might be wrong...:laugh:

Naw, actually I was saying that if it didn't make 240, he could just give it the special sauce and call it a day. But then again, your meaning works too.

I'm done with this thread, just like Tricker was done with this forum.

Naw, actually I was saying that if it didn't make 240, he could just give it the special sauce and call it a day. But then again, your meaning works too.

I'm done with this thread, just like Tricker was done with this forum.

So that means you're coming back? :laugh:

If your mocking TEX as being an expert...Please tell me... who you are to mock him?
Truth be told...you don't know $hit about bills car tricker!! Please...and let me ask again...PLEASE tell me how you know what he can and can not put down?
Is it because you know it all? Or though you did....? Because....You didn't even know what type of heads he has on his car. Which tells me you have no room to place judgment on bills cars ability.

How many N/A tours have hit 240? I think that is more what he is getting at. Sort of like someone coming out and saying they will 12.X.....we will believe it when we see it...and when it happens he will be the first to say good job.

How many N/A tours have hit 240? I think that is more what he is getting at. Sort of like someone coming out and saying they will 12.X.....we will believe it when we see it...and when it happens he will be the first to say good job.

Honestly...most people just get the motor and slap it into the car...it's really a stock motor with a tune..and exhaust mods. Whats modified about it? Nothing but bolt ons... There is always room for improvement.

If the 2.5L race engine made 290 hp...i don't see why a 3.0L can't hit 240.:shrug:

Back