• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"IT" official! Fall Dragon Run-Sept28th-30th

Roger you just give me a time and place and I'll be there. You guys from out of town should pick whatever is easiest for you.

Thanks Trey:cool: I think we should meet up for a late breakfast at that little restaraunt in downtown Tellico Plains, remember where it is?, around 11:00 a.m. for some food, then head to Bald River falls, hang out there and check things out and then meet everyone in the shopping center parking lot across from the Hardee's on 68 at 2:00 a.m. How does that sound to everyone:shrug: BTW, how far away is Bald River falls from Tellico Plains?

bald river falls isn't far from the restaurant. It might take us like 30 min max iirc. but are you talking about friday? or sat?

I'm talking about Saturday because we're coming in on Friday because either one of us can take the extra day off this year:cry: This isn't going to be a problem next year though.

So, Bald River Falls is about a half an hour away, good, we can meet up for breakfast in downtown Tellico Plains around 11:00 a.m., eat and then head out to the falls and check that out and meet everyone at the parking lot around 2:00 p.m. BTW, I haven't heard from anyone else about this but ofcoarse everyone is welcome to come along with us, the more the merrier:cool:

...8 MORE DAYS!!!

i guess i better hurry up and get my LCAs installed and get the car aligned:D
Ya you better hurry up and tell me if your coming so I can clean my nasty house lol:blackeye: Looks like the wife is going to cook too so let me know if there is certain things you dont eat or whatever

I'm talking about Saturday because we're coming in on Friday because either one of us can take the extra day off this year:cry: This isn't going to be a problem next year though.
Yeah it won't....I will be there.....with I can almost guarantee brakes and suspension!:cool:

I am up to 56k miles already!:crazy:

well i installed the passenger side LCA tonight. that gives me all weekend to install the drivers side. i think i would rather pull the engine and trans than install the LCAs :mad::mad:

well i installed the passenger side LCA tonight. that gives me all weekend to install the drivers side. i think i would rather pull the engine and trans than install the LCAs :mad::mad:
dang are they that bad lol! I need to change mine. my ball joints are wore out.

well the tie-rod wouldn't come out easily so i said screw it. that gave me limited movement of the knuckle making it rather difficult to get one of the 4 bolts out and then getting the new LCA lined up with the holes.

Eric, congrats on the new ride! Does it have the Grand Touring package? Does it have that wild white/blue interior? Any mods, details please!!! Pics?! I bet you can't wait to go out there with it, hell, you might have already been out there with it by now! Speaking of going out there, try and be in the area of Deals Gap around 3:30 or so so we can meet up.

We'll be there in...5 days!!!

i wonder who's faster, Eric's heavy AWD speed 6? or my lighter but FWD turbo zetec?

only 4 days for me:D:D cant wait, i am stoked.

baer brakes and good tires FTW! I had 2 guys in S2000's and a guy in a Lotus Elise tell me "that contour hauls ass!":laugh: Cops are out in force down at the gap guys so we will have to watch out. I did however find another road that is awesome. We will have to discuss it sometime.

Another satisified customer!

Another satisified customer!

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=18857

I think we'll have yet another SEMI member come down with us next year, but he may bring his bike if you read through the above link. Either way, yet another happy Dragon slayer!

As far as who's car is faster, a 3700 lb, 274hp/280 ft/lbs of torque, 6 speed, AWD saloon or a 3100 lb, 300hp??!!, FWD, 5 speed saloon, well, I don't know, but experience is important out there as well. IMO it seems that a lighter car that handles well has the upper hand. I know Eric is a good driver and smart so we don't have to worry about any accidents;) I only bring this up because of what Trey posted about the cops. BTW, I typed "saloon" in there because I've got "Top Gear" on my mind, its Monday and its on tonight:shrug:

...96 hours to go!!!

well i dont have 300HP but the car doesnt weigh 3100lbs either. with 200WHP and approximatly 2900lbs. 200/3100 (just for you roger)=.0645

274*80%(drivetrain loss)=~220WHP
220/3700=.059

I WIN :D:D

I'm still spinning all 4 tires, so you lose. :p

Roger - it's a slightly used 2006 MS6, it's not any special package - not the stripped down 'Sport' like I wanted; but it has leather, Bose, and sunroof. I think those are the only 3 options. It also came with a custom broken antenna and some light scratches. The dealer is going to detail it for me and take all those out; but getting an appointment is going to be the tough part. I might have to wait until after the dragon to get that done. It's the ubber-rare 2006-only Dark Cherry paint; which is like 40 different colors. :crazy:

Being used, the dealer put new tires on it; Pirelli P-Zero Nero's. I don't like them. They're loud and hard. They don't grab like I'd like them to; although they are very quiet and comfortable.

Mods to come: K&N air filter, new antenna, 235/40/18 Kumho SPT tires. That's all this car will ever need. :cool:

I can't post any driving reactions because of the site's strict anti-street-racing policy. ;)

Back