• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local Classifieds.

Have a 98.5 SVT to sell. Car is clean, well maintained. No rust. Does not require any work that I'm aware of.

Noteable things:
Springs and struts all replaced ~4 years ago with OEM parts
Lots of other little suspension bits replaced in last 3 years
Alpine stereo and speakers (no subs)
178,000KM
Silver Exterior

$2500 will get the car. Small complication. I recently moved to NYC and the car is in Burlington, ON. I'll be back in the GTA on the August long weekend. The transaction would have to wait until that date OR I could cordinate thru some local family.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/BRad_Z/IMG_0006.jpg

I NEEEEEEEED an idler pulley for a 2.5L Duratec asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this weekend preferred...thx! let me know if you have a parts car with one :)

Fuel Pump Needed

Fuel Pump Needed

Trying to get my '98 SVT running....looks as though I need a fuel pump. Anyone have a decent pulled one or a new one at a good price? I just want to get rid of the car.

bunch of stuff....

bunch of stuff....

got a bunch of stuff taking up space.....give me an offer....

- powdercoated Candy toreador red 05 taurus 3L valvecovers

- silfro svt front (needs work)

- satin black svt front (needs repaint)

- SVT UIM

- CTA Motosports exhaust system

- SVT magnaflow exhaust system

- silfro svt rear bumper

- autometer phantom oil psi, volts and airfuel guages

- svt guagecluster

- midnight blue triple guagepod

- midnight blue rear leather seats

- wipercowl

- midnight blue center console

- pre98 sailpanels

- silverfrost side mirrors

- satin black side mirrors

- satin black SVT grille w/svt mesh intact

- pretty mint headlights

- 05 taurus 3L heads (needs a lookover)

- 05 taurus 3L oilpan + pickup

- 05 taurus 3L timing cover

- greystone color airbag

- post98 tail lights

Anyone have a Dual Mass Dampner (DMD) they'd be willing to part with?? My crank pulley has a slight wobble to it and I want to replace it...

Price drop on all my parts! Everything is listed on Kijiji Hamilton as well if you want to check out prices as they are not allowed in this classifieds section.....

For an idea, I have SVT bumpers, cluster, guagepod and more for $50 or less. Exhaust systems for $100! PM me for details or send me an email through my kijiji ads. Thanks CEG

Hey everyone,
This car would make a good project car/project track car/project street sleeper car. I am selling my 1999 Ford SVT Contour. It has 145000 kms, limited, limited rust.. have to look very hard to find the minimal spots. The car is slightly modified, and maintenance has been kept up to date.. even have all records from the 2 previous owners in a booklet.

The good:
Quick, sounds amazing, lowered but not the roughest ride, replaced battery, brakes, new custom one off sway bar, new aftermarket steering wheel, new highflow cat within the last 6 months to a year. Will pass an etest absolutely no problem. Open element filter, Bassani Cat-back exhaust, B&M Short throw shifter, NRG aftermarket steering wheel, will come with stock wheel so that the horn works (the steering wheel hub wouldn't allow the horn to work). Diablo ECU chip + many, many more mods.

The bad:
Will need a new transmission (over_30k has it one on here for cheap.. I can speak with him to try to set something up to pick it up at the same time as the car). Both front sway bar endlinks have snapped.. I have no idea how they did, but the tab on the front struts have bent.. will need to get fixed at a shop who does metal working (I know of one, and I also have upgraded sway bar endlinks brand new), CV's are starting to go, sunroof motor is starting to go as the sunroof only tilts up (I have a new, working perfect sunroof motor), clutch is starting to go (I have a stock one in my garage that was taken off this car before the aftermarket one was put on).

So as you see, the stuff that's starting to go on the car I either have, or know of people who have the stuff to fix it. I don't have the time or money to do this myself, that's why I'm selling the car. But, this car is still awesome, and is a complete sleeper. Also, the car has no rear interior, and no stereo either. That is why this is a project car and I'm selling it for this cheap. I do have extra parts for the car that I can sell it for a little extra, such as: Carbon fibre hood, blackhoused/eyelid headlights, aftermarket black mesh.

The car will be sold on winter tires, no rear interior (but I can give you everything I took out), all the parts needed to fix the car (that I have), no aftermarket headlights, mesh. The price is $PM FOR PRICE OBO. I have another car, and I don't need this anymore, so feel free to send offers! Thanks!

PS. 3rd last pic is the car with the headlights and mesh (for a bit extra), 2nd last is of the exact steering wheel from my other car that will come with the Contour, and the last 2 pics are of my interior of the Contour.

Car will look like this when sold, minus the red seats.

NewSeats2.jpg

NewSeats3.jpg

NewSeats8.jpg

497 by CRG Racer24, on Flickr

My Integra 022 by CRG Racer24, on Flickr

010 by CRG Racer24, on Flickr

007 by CRG Racer24, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
WTB: Want to Buy, Interior Plastic Screw Covers

WTB: Want to Buy, Interior Plastic Screw Covers

Need 6 of these and the screws too if you have any. These came on Pre 98 Contours/Mystiques. The screws had a flat top and a chamfered edge which plastic screw covers snapped over top to hide the screw head.

You can see an example in the following pic. At the front edge of the center console, where it meets the dash, there is one screw with screw cover.

console2mj7.jpg

Please PM or email me if you have any. Name your price as well.

Thanks.

1998 csvt

1998 csvt

2nd child on the way. The time has come.

PM FOR PRICE OBO
Willing to be very negotiable with CEGers.

2nd Owner since new, have every receipt in original SVT binder from dealer, have SVT paperwork.
Never raced or abused.
Seen one winter in 2005.
Only modifications professionally done, upgraded front and rear brakes (NPG), uses all stock equipment, just larger zinc coated (wont rust) rotors and calipers painted silver.
Ford Performance short shifter installed, uses stock reverse lockout.
Synthetic Mobil1 every 5000kms.
Iridium spark plugs, ford wires.
Kept spotless.
Interior Great!
Exterior usual front bumper chips.
17" Mondeo rims. with brand new General Exclaim UHP 225/45/17 rubber, approx. 7000kms on them.
Passes emissions every time.
Has Sony flip down stereo - will go with car.
2x10" Pioneer Premier Subwoofers with Pioneer Premier amp *negotiable*
Vehicle was wired professionally - all wires hidden.
Power windows
power locks
power moon roof
power mirrors
power seat (driver)
cruise, tilt, fold down rear seats.
All works perfectly.

THE BAD:
A/C doesn't work - hasn’t since 2005 - never bothered me.
Needs catalytic converter - might have one put on because its annoying.
Heat gauge has just this week, gone haywire, had readings checked at ford, engine running as it should, possibly bad connection.
Rear springs sagging.
Rust on passenger weld underneath door - only spot - not visible.

i'll have pics up soon...they are on the wifes laptop.

old pics in sig. car looks the same except wheels and brakes.

Kijiji ad

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1998-Ford-Contour-SVT-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ327224215

Cheers!
Adam

Knighter6@sympatico.ca >goes to my blackberry....

18" enkei gf-1s for sale / trade?

$PM FOR PRICE no tires (comes with tires installed at the wear indicators)

or will trade for 17" + rims...doesnt need to have tires....im open to offers. will not ship!! thx

293497_10150882045720724_655925723_21453731_858257643_n.jpg

308816_10150882045600724_655925723_21453729_71135624_n.jpg

297698_10150882031675724_655925723_21453625_1995444362_n.jpg

I have the following parts for sale!

Complete Tan interior

MNB SVT Seats (front and rear) VERY GOOD condition. Was in the car for less than 80,000 kms.

SVT cluster at 180k kms.

Complete 98 parts car has a blown transmission, dash is already taken out. Good engine, new steering rack.

LOOKING FOR A CF COWL HOOD!

please msg me if you have one for sale, or trade. I have a CF oem hood ill trade/sell! thx

Wanted: Carbon cowl hood / vader hood !!!!

Wanted: Carbon cowl hood / vader hood !!!!

I am looking for a carbon fiber cowl hood. I will pay cash, or work out a deal with spare parts, etc.

I NEEEED this hood, lol.

LOCATED IN HAMILTON,ON

edit: Since I cannot cross the border, for anyone with a cowl-

Ill meet you on the CDN side, and for the troubles Ill offer my OEM CF hood, CTA Exhaust (3" polished tips, polished magnaflow resonators and 2.5" straight pipe), as well as Candy T-Red powdercoated 3L valvecovers from an 05 Taurus, a set of clear non scuffed headlights (basically new), and you can add anything of the following:

- MNB steering wheel
- Black dyed airbag, grey airbag
- MNB Center console
- SE Grille
- Satin Black SVT grille
- Satin black power mirrors
- SilFro side mirrors
- MNB lotek triple Guagepod
- Taurus 3L plastic UIM
- Autometer phantom Volts, Air fuel and Oil psi guages

All that, for your CF cowl hood. Now....Anyone? .....lol...serious offer here too.

Im looking for a stock OEM hood, black would be preferable.

I Neeeed this hood as well, lol. So I can sell my cowl.

WTB - Complete front spindle/hub/knuckle assemblies. Left and right.. Let me know your price.. Car is close to going to the scrap yard just need to get rid of bearing noise for a couple months.

Thanks

Mike

Back