• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
We've got the weekend of the 18th (Saturday) in August or the following would be the 25th (Saturday) I still vote for early to mid afternoon on a Saturday because it's usually easier for everyone to attend. Post up where in the Twin Cities or in Duluth you'd like to meet up :)

I really have a schedule up in the air right now, so I have no idea when works yet... I would prefer here in the Cities, because I already have several road trips in the near future.

Well heres what I was thinking:

Twin Cities:
Meet at the MOA and possibly head somewhere after a while for dinner or whatever.

Duluth:
Meet in Canal Park, then we could do some cruising to different places for some photo's. After that maybe head somewhere to eat or just whatever.

Im not the major deciding factor here. It doesnt really matter to me where we have it cause I dont mind takin a trip to the cities.

Times are a decision between the 18th and the 25th of August. I think that a 1-2 P.M. time works good because then nobody has to be up super early on a saturday to get there, and you dont have to rush to get there.

Well heres what I was thinking:

Twin Cities:
Meet at the MOA and possibly head somewhere after a while for dinner or whatever.

Duluth:
Meet in Canal Park, then we could do some cruising to different places for some photo's. After that maybe head somewhere to eat or just whatever.

Im not the major deciding factor here. It doesnt really matter to me where we have it cause I dont mind takin a trip to the cities.

Times are a decision between the 18th and the 25th of August. I think that a 1-2 P.M. time works good because then nobody has to be up super early on a saturday to get there, and you dont have to rush to get there.

If it is in Duluth, for photos we could hit;
Canal Park
Skyline Drive
North Shore
Anyplace else that is nice and photoriphic?

We could also divide it up into two meets for those who don't want to drive up to Duluth. As for me I'd love to get some good scenery shots :drool:

It really doesn't matter to me I'm willing to meet anywhere. I'll take both of those weekends off because I don't like working anyhow :D

We could also divide it up into two meets for those who don't want to drive up to Duluth. As for me I'd love to get some good scenery shots :drool:

It really doesn't matter to me I'm willing to meet anywhere. I'll take both of those weekends off because I don't like working anyhow :D

That sounds like a plan to me, if others don't want to drive. For the north meeting then;
I am thinking Aug 18th would be a good day. Fiance would be out of the house cause of her sisters' baby shower (in two harbors).
elraido
cnewton44
Redlineracer12

That sounds like a plan to me, if others don't want to drive. For the north meeting then;
I am thinking Aug 18th would be a good day. Fiance would be out of the house cause of her sisters' baby shower (in two harbors).
elraido
cnewton44
Redlineracer12

Alright lets make that one official.
August 18th - Meet at 1PM in Duluth. cnewton is the local so he is in charge of planning an actual meeting place :laugh:

Attending:
1. elraido
2. cnewton44
3. Redlineracer12 - Tony

Alright lets make that one official.
August 18th - Meet at 1PM in Duluth. cnewton is the local so he is in charge of planning an actual meeting place :laugh:

Attending:
1. elraido - Jason
2. cnewton44
3. Redlineracer12 - Tony

OH yeah, another important factor---where do we want to eat :)

I didn't mean share the car, I mean driving up as a pair - stick together. There is always fun times to be had when a pair of SVT Contours are going to the same destination :laugh:

Yeah probably... We can invite TRicer too the more cars the better.... that way when one breaks down we can tow it the rest of the way. I'll bring my tow strap! :D

I'd like to caravan with you guys to Duluth. Definitely would be a more fun drive! Though we might wanna leave early and hit a car wash in Duluth. I'm sure a 2hr drive North produces it's fair share of bug guts and dirt cover.

I'd like to caravan with you guys to Duluth. Definitely would be a more fun drive! Though we might wanna leave early and hit a car wash in Duluth. I'm sure a 2hr drive North produces it's fair share of bug guts and dirt cover.
:laugh: Painters tape works awesome...:laugh:

Yeah - TRicker lives like 5 min from me - has been wonderful help too! This would rule - you would definatly get to see a few 3L swaps then :laugh:

The list as it stands:

1. elraido - Jason
2. cnewton44 - Clayton
3. Redlineracer12 - Tony
4. KyleQ
5. IceFury

Now as for places to eat:
Applebees
Perkins
McDonalds:laugh:
Grandmas
Little Angies
Famous Daves

Nicer more expensive places to eat:
Old Chicago
Timber Lodge
Green Mill
Olive Garden
Teja's Texas Grill
Red Lobster

There are more but umm I figure we could find one in that list:cool: We will go with popular opinion on where to eat I guess...

As for the meeting place, Canal Park is easy to find. I will look for some sort of map to post. After we have all met up there, we could take a ride to one of the car wash's which is not far away.
A do it yourself or would you guys wanna just bring it to a regular car wash?

I have roots in Duluth. Long story short : My old man lived in D-town, but he (to put in mildly) crashed his Harley.....I think a SALUTE to Pops would be in order. Catch my drift ?

I havent been to Duluth since the accident. 7 years too long.
I could visit some family while Im there :laugh:.

The list as it stands:

1. elraido - Jason
2. cnewton44 - Clayton
3. Redlineracer12 - Tony
4. KyleQ
5. IceFury

Now as for places to eat:
Applebees
Perkins
McDonalds:laugh:
Grandmas
Little Angies
Famous Daves

Nicer more expensive places to eat:
Old Chicago
Timber Lodge
Green Mill
Olive Garden
Teja's Texas Grill
Red Lobster

[\QUOTE]

I am open to eating anyplace ( I am not picky at all, I just loves me food). But I bolded the places I would like to go. I would say we could all go to the whistling bird in gilbert, but that is quite a drive from Duluth....and it doesn't open until 4 on saturdays. But the food, oh the food!

Back