• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
One thing that I hate about pre 98 consoles is the cup holders...so horrible.
Yeah I had that problem in my 96. If I swap them out I will take the cupholders out and figure out somethin else to go there.... I like the I-Pod idea. Maybe just a holder for my celly.... We'll see. I really wanna do the swap though.Hmmm what could I sell????....

I figured out the center console - I removed that and cleaned it out. The e-brake boot is jacked up - all connectors are broken off. Thanks for the info - I've had the car almost a year and havn't even cleaned it from the PO - havn't washed the windows inside, havn't lifted the floor mats - I just bought some cheapies from Checker to protect them in the winter. This is going to be a big nasty project... it always feels so good afterwards though :laugh:

I figured out the center console - I removed that and cleaned it out. The e-brake boot is jacked up - all connectors are broken off. Thanks for the info - I've had the car almost a year and havn't even cleaned it from the PO - havn't washed the windows inside, havn't lifted the floor mats - I just bought some cheapies from Checker to protect them in the winter. This is going to be a big nasty project... it always feels so good afterwards though :laugh:
I just was "installing" my CB radio in my car and I figured out, that I need to do that too.... I think im gonna pull everything out this week before the meet.... Theres alot of things I need to do with it. Just dont have the money:nonono: :cry:

for photo ops, try going down into the industrial parts. there are some cool background with buildings and equipment down there. i saw a bunch of VW's doing a shoot at a building on Railroad drive with an outside crane. i've been wanting to get down there and shoot my car, but they always seem to be open when i got by!

i dont know if i can make it or not, depends on the car, depends on what is going on that weekend too. i'll see what i can do though

Joel

Hmm... I've got money and not enough time... I can't image what would happen if I threw a girldfriend in the mix :cool:

Sat I'm gona start the cleaning process - it will stay clean too! I'm carpooling everyday - next Sat gets rubbing & polish compound followed up by a nice wax job :laugh:

Jeez, I don't have time or money. Huh. Go figure. :) Stupid House payments taking up all my money and stupid house and wedding taking up all my time LOL

Sat I'm gona start the cleaning process - it will stay clean too! I'm carpooling everyday - next Sat gets rubbing & polish compound followed up by a nice wax job :laugh:
Sadly I have the time.. Just not the money.... I dont have the money to properly clean and wax my car... I hate it cause I see it and it looks terrible. Ugh..... I dont know what im gonna do.:cry:

Edit: I have been doing the "free" mods:
Fogs mod
Knauberized
Debadged

Other than that notta.

Last edited:
I havn't done the fog light mod yet :blackeye:

It scares me. I should do it, but knowing my luck, I will get pulled over for it.

Cop "about two miles back there I noticed you turned off your high beams and your fogs were on at the same time"

Me "really? I bought the car that way :) "

Cop "will you please get out of the car"

Me "ok"

Cop starts to beat me and shoots me, and plants a gun. "that will teach those kids".

It scares me. I should do it, but knowing my luck, I will get pulled over for it.

Cop "about two miles back there I noticed you turned off your high beams and your fogs were on at the same time"

Me "really? I bought the car that way :) "

Cop "will you please get out of the car"

Me "ok"

Cop starts to beat me and shoots me, and plants a gun. "that will teach those kids".

LMAO no one is going to notice that your high beams and fog lamps are on at the same time :D

And even if they did notice they wouldn't think it was anything out of the ordinary.

LMAO no one is going to notice that your high beams and fog lamps are on at the same time :D

And even if they did notice they wouldn't think it was anything out of the ordinary.

Cops notice these things when they want to. :) But I think I will give it a shot. Would be nice to see that liiitle bit extra at night though.

I usually just use them cruising with the parking lights on :) That's where its at.

Thats what I want to do. My 4x4 doesn't have headlights - they are busted. I drive around with a pair of 130w KC Daylighters and my parking lights - nobody cares. I've got no worries about getting pulled over - it seems like I'm invisible in the CSVT to the cops - passed a cop this morning doing 75 in a 55 - I just waived and kept on going....

Back