• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 3l boost thread

00stealthySVT

CEG'er
well make a long story short, the 2.5 had a lite tap and my spec stage 1 failed. this is how it started
engine was taping for a while after i cornered hard.... knew it was gonna die so i bout a 03 3L. bought headers, spec 3 (before mine failed) 70mm mustang TB, lot of goodies, then i decided to turbo along with the 3L swap
pulled the motor, powder coated the sub frame, uim, valve covers, painted the motor mounts and brake booster... pretty much the engine will look amazing ;)

heres the skinny

Trans-
Torsen LSD
New syncros and blocker rings on all gears
NEW updated 3rd gear
Updated shift forks

Engine-
03 taurus 3l with 72k
New clevite rod bearings
OEM main bearings
New OEM oil pump
ALL new timing equimpent
My SVT cams
Port matched heads
98 style return rail with standalone aeromotive fuel pressure reg with -6an fitting welded to the rail. -6an supply
aeromotive stealth intank pump. 340 lph (kills the walbro gss342 hp hands down for about 40$ more)
removed secondaries
egr delete
lower 02 delete
ac delete
04 cobra 39# injectors
ported SVT uim for 70mm mustang TB
twin 10'' slim fans

Turbo setup-

Garrett GT3582R
garret turbo blanket
Tial 38mm v-band wastegate thats watercooled
tial 50mm bov
3'' down pipe to 3'' exhaust
2.5'' piping to fmic 3'' from ic to tb
VMPtuning 75mm id blow thru HPX maf good for 650whp
x-cal 2
converted from returnless to return fuel system with key on hot via a relay
-6an braided stainless supply, 5/16 hard line return

ill post pics later tomrrow after work

Last edited:
its the aeromotive ford fuel pressure regulator part # 13102 can be had from summit racing.

as for the 3L will be tuned with no wastegate spring to ensure proper running before the boost is added.
i may not have very many posts but im up to par on a lot of things, thanks tho for the suggestion brapple :)
ive got no worries about having any issues with it so imo it would be fine with doing it all together like my tuner wanted to do but to be on the safe side i told him no wastegate spring so no boost will build

ill update some of these pics being that i added a flex pipe on my up pipe between the front and rear bank
th painted pics are before i even touched it after it dried for 3 days...
most is all tig welded too

ah yes i was wondering where this build went; i remember seeing a few post showing the pics of the hot pipe routing some time ago. Want to make me some?! :laugh: . looking good!

yeah it was lost i guess when the site was redone im guessing.... i could build you a set like mine since i could make a jig... depends how much you wanna spend since the MSDS headers will be needed to do so... PM me if your serious.

yeah it was lost i guess when the site was redone im guessing.... i could build you a set like mine since i could make a jig... depends how much you wanna spend since the MSDS headers will be needed to do so... PM me if your serious.

Where are you located in Ohio. Im in Cincinnati. Looks like a very interesting project.

as for the 3L will be tuned with no wastegate spring to ensure proper running before the boost is added.

are you making your own hot pipes or using a kit? with the NPG kit your not going to be able to remove the wastegate with the pipe installed to add the spring. or at least not very easily at all.

are you making your own hot pipes or using a kit? with the NPG kit your not going to be able to remove the wastegate with the pipe installed to add the spring. or at least not very easily at all.

pics in first page brian :) . hes making his own hot pipes.

Back