• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my heart and soul

jamesmason

CEG'er
I have desided to try and attempt the V10 idea that has been talked about in the General section under awd thread, I just said it was a waste of money to do this but curiosity will kill me I guess. I just found out my grandpa is selling his truck because he doesn't use it ('01 F250 s/d powerstroke v8) he said he'd hook it up for 4k to me because the structure has took a beating, but he's assured me the engine is strong w/ only 42k on the clock, I will put the powerstroke with all of it's electronics into my truck and sell his for parts and put the 6.8 v10 into the contour, well if it doesn't work I guess I'll have to big gass guzzling trucks to do whatever with but, hopefully I can get the v10 to fit with a custom 4 speed manual. So now I have to figure out where to begin. Wish me luck.

do you guys even check peoples sigs before making blind statements? iv been drinkin since 11 am and i still took the time to notice the 01 ford f250 in his sig.

also a powerstroke in a contour.

and we talk about not gettin power to the ground.

it would sit their, roast them while laughing at you.

yes its about friggin time

yes its about friggin time

they laughed at me when i said 4.6 mustang engine in my 98 csvt
put the 6.8 diesel in there son git r donnnnnnnnn

they laughed at me when i said 4.6 mustang engine in my 98 csvt

I think everyone laughed, because you were the 47th person to say you were going to do a V8 swap. And you, like all other 46 people, still have the stock motor under the hood. Sure, everyone on here would love to see another (non-Duratec) motor, transplanted under the hood of a Contour. But until anyone attempts it, the talk remains just that... talk.

Mark

just take the body off the truck and get some big ole chains and come-a-longs and just strap er on top and call it a v10 contour because thats the only way it'll work lol. someone should seriously put a 4.6 into a contour, if they can do it on a focus they can do it on a contour! hehe

anyone remember the thread way back in the day where the kid claimed to have a ferrari engine under the hood of his car? LOL. Im sure the old timers will remember.

i thought about sawzalling the body off my csvt to stick it on a mustang
i have to measure to make sure the wheels will line up with my wheel wellls
it should work when i blow my motor i might do that ..... 4.6 contour/mustang thing

i thought about sawzalling the body off my csvt to stick it on a mustang
i have to measure to make sure the wheels will line up with my wheel wellls
it should work when i blow my motor i might do that ..... 4.6 contour/mustang thing

good luck with that as both cars ARE UNI-BODY:nonono:

Back