• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New member from Barrie... 1999 CSVT

lowblackdub

CEG'er
Hello everyone, after lurking on here for several years I finally broke down and purchased a Contour SVT. I've always wanted one, and when the opportunity arose to buy one I jumped at it.

It's a 1999 in black over tan with 123,000kms on it (around 77,000 miles). Car is in beautiful shape aside from some roof rust (paint was damaged from sap) and has a damaged passenger sideskirt. I bought it with a set of 15" steelies with new snows as well as the stock 16's with BFG KDW's as well as a second set of KDWs. I did a history check on it before buying it and found that it is a one owner car bought and then subsequently traded in at the same dealership. The previous owner obviously took care of it with all records coming from the purchasing dealership.

Everything works on the car - sunroof, all windows, power antennae... I feel really blessed to own such a limited run car with such low miles in such good shape.

I've come from a long history of owning VWs and have switched to Ford over the past few years - they're much more reliable and perform just as well.

Here are some pics of some of my previous rides:

1990 Jetta GTX 16V:
DSC00046.sized.jpg

1984 Jetta Coupe with 16V swap:
f7500482.jpg

1994 Golf CL:
CENTER002.sized.jpg

1993 Corrado VR6:
f4xhtjbtpepfmr1k.jpg

1992 Golf GL with VR6 swap:
normal_DSCF1569.sized.jpg

1991 GTI with VR6 swap:
DSCF0398.sized.jpg

And onto the Fords...

1999 Ford ZX2:
ZX23031.JPG

2002 Ford ZX3 S2:
ZX36.jpg

And finally, some pics of the Contour... excuse the winter mode and the crappy auction pictures:

Contour1.jpg

Contour2.jpg

Contour5.jpg

Hey Steve, so you finally got the car then! Nice man. It actually looks really nice. How much did you pick it up for? If you don't mind me asking. You can put the E1's to good use now :cool:.

Nice grab. Which auction did you get it at? Adessa?
It looks in great shape with a tad bit of help. Welcome to the SVT owners!

Mike

Nice car man, real good buy. Check the group buy section for a deal on a new set of fiberglass skirts.

Nice grab. Which auction did you get it at? Adessa?
It looks in great shape with a tad bit of help. Welcome to the SVT owners!

Mike

I bought it at the North Toronto Vehicle Auction (www.ntva.ca). I've bought a number of cars from them and have been incredibly happy. Of course with any auction it is buyer beware you have to let your head rule your heart.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Are there any local track events that the Contour guys get into in the area?

Nice. That isn't a dealer only auction, is it?
As for track meets, keep you eyes on this forum. SVTOA has meets I think.
Mike

NTVA isn't dealer only, but dealers do swarm it. They get a lot of provincial, federal, and municipal vehicles. So it's crawling with dealers, cab companies etc. I was going to see if I could snag a interceptor vicky there, but I've been warned that it's hard to get a good one there because of all the vultures lol.

It's actually not too bad anymore in regards to dealers and cab companies coming in... they've put up some pretty strict regulations as far as who the vehicle is sold and registered to - they all need to be registered to an individual and not a company. The only way to transfer registration is to do it at the MTO office and pay the tax on the vehicle again. This has kept the numbers of dealers and cab companies down over the past year.

nice pickup, im in the process of trying to sell my Focus and jump into a CSVT. No one wants Focuses! Grrr lol

Back