• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New member from Barrie... 1999 CSVT

haha imagine that eh. Ive thought about it, considering my buddy has a 03 Terminator motor for sale (bought a rollover termy from the states to swap the tranny, brakes and exhaust) onto his Lightning 5.4L s/c swapped 89 Hatch...and hes been trying to sell me the engine but Im not ready for that much fab work

Nice Find Dude, maybe I'll see you around in Barrie, there's another black one that I randomly catch in town every now and then.

Barrie; More SVT's per capita

Nice Find Dude, maybe I'll see you around in Barrie, there's another black one that I randomly catch in town every now and then.

Barrie; More SVT's per capita

Cool, you own an SVT as well? I haven't seen any others in town in quite some time.

Yep I do, a black SVT with a CF hood (which I'm not a huge fan of). I haven't owned it for long, I picked it up back in October, I needed a decent inexpensive car for school, etc, lol, it needs a little work, but its been damn reliable thus far.

Unfortunately with the crazy cold we've been having lately it makes it a pain to do any of the work it needs, spring can't get here fast enough, haha.

Yep I do, a black SVT with a CF hood (which I'm not a huge fan of). I haven't owned it for long, I picked it up back in October, I needed a decent inexpensive car for school, etc, lol, it needs a little work, but its been damn reliable thus far.

Unfortunately with the crazy cold we've been having lately it makes it a pain to do any of the work it needs, spring can't get here fast enough, haha.

That wouldn't have happened to be on kijiji, would it? It was black with a CF cowl hood, black rims with polished lips? I'm pretty sure it was also located in Barrie. One of my friends was thinking about getting that, lol.

HaHa Yep you got it, lol.

It was actually located some 60km's north of Barrie, I think that put off alot of people to drive out there to look at it. Also let me talk him down too, lol. Guy only had it for less than a year, was a Toronto car before that.

Came with the 99 SVT wheels, and a some other goodies too, can't complain. I'd like an original hood though, haha.

HaHa Yep you got it, lol.

It was actually located some 60km's north of Barrie, I think that put off alot of people to drive out there to look at it. Also let me talk him down too, lol. Guy only had it for less than a year, was a Toronto car before that.

Came with the 99 SVT wheels, and a some other goodies too, can't complain. I'd like an original hood though, haha.

Haha, nice pick up man. It looked like a pretty decent car. How much did you pick it up for? If you don't mind me asking.

See i've been looking to get a CF cowl hood, but i don't have a black original hood to give in return :nonono:.. lol.

Even better we could do a 3 way trade because I really don't care for the cowl hoods.

He can have my stocker, I'll take the stock CF hood, you can have the cowl.

;)

I'd be interested in that, but it truely depends on the condition of the cowl hood. It's very hard to get OEM CF hoods, so i don't wanna give it up unless im getting a pretty damn good condition hood in return.

And finally, some pics of the Contour... excuse the winter mode and the crappy auction pictures:

Contour1.jpg

Congrats man, she'll looking good.

Unfortunately, it reminds me of a similar one that got parted out and used to be legendary on these places....that dark vader

anything wrong with that one picked up in barrie with the cf cowl? Ive seen it on kijiji also a few times even when it was for sale in Toronto the first time. Emailed about it but never got any emails back until the last owner, some lady I suppose? Emailed me back telling me it was okay but not the greatest car :shrug:

anything wrong with that one picked up in barrie with the cf cowl? Ive seen it on kijiji also a few times even when it was for sale in Toronto the first time. Emailed about it but never got any emails back until the last owner, some lady I suppose? Emailed me back telling me it was okay but not the greatest car :shrug:

Yeah, it was a lady that emailed my buddy about it. I can't remember what she said about it, but i remember she didn't know how to spell koni :laugh:.

The woman that emailed me back about it when I was first inquiring ended up being the dudes mother, lol. The guy was older than I am (23) and living with the folks, I dont think he had a job, and he smoked alot of weed, haha. He told me the car wasnt running right, didnt know what it was, kept trying to tell me that the O2 sensor. I didn't really believe it, usually an O2 sensor is either dead or working, not somewhere in between. After doing research on here I took apart the IMRC casing in his driveway and reved it, the secondaries were kicking in, so that was good. I liked the look of it so much I was going to buy it and do whatever needed doing to it, lol.

Driving it home the car had no balls, 5th gear on the highway, put the foot down, and it struggled. I got it home, 2nd day I pulled all the plugs and wires, and lo and behold, cylinder number 3 plug wire boot was looking toasty, the plug had arcing, and they looked like the original plugs, even the gapping was all off.

Tuned her up, put new front rotors on it cause one was out of round, easiest brake job I've done (Thank you Ford), needed a strut bearing. Got her on the highway in 5th gear, punched it, and ya-ho it pulled hard. It's got a rough idle at the moment, I think there's carbon build up that needs cleaning (when it warms up around here)

There's a odd rattle that developed from the engine at certain rpms and weird load conditions. At first I though it was something major, and was content with having a 3L swapped into it if I had to. So I've kept driving it, and nothing, no problems, oil pressure fine, no blow up, oil smells like oil, yadda yadda. Then suspected a lashe adjuster might be gummy, symptoms didnt support it. Now I'm (and a few others who have lent an ear to the noise) think the serp tensioner is crapping out, easy fix if it warms up around here. (Apparently I need a bigger garage, haha) If that doesnt do it, guess its swap time.

Overall a real dependable car, I think the dude who owned it immediately before me didnt have the means or knowledge to look after it like a car like this should be.

Lol I wrote a book.

I was gonna quote that, but your response was WAY too long for a quote lol.

Well it looked like a nice car man! Now we need to get a meet going on soon. It'd be nice to see some of these cars....... oh and the people too.. i guess :rolleyes: :laugh:.

I was gonna quote that, but your response was WAY too long for a quote lol.

Well it looked like a nice car man! Now we need to get a meet going on soon. It'd be nice to see some of these cars....... oh and the people too.. i guess :rolleyes: :laugh:.

Hey! We'd have to see you too! :lol:

No... :laugh:. jk!

No but in all seriousness it'd be nice to put a name to the faces and meet up. Hopefully i'll have all the parts I have compiled over the months, and the parts that are in the purchasing stages, put on :blackeye:.

Sounds good, and hopefully ill be in a CSVT by then..but shhhh CRG lol.

Back