• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New pics of SC done

That doesn't look to require a monster cowl hood to clear or am I wrong?
Joey, can you measure the highest point against a know component we will have in the Contour?
That would give us an idea of the hood clearence needed.
-J

That doesn't look to require a monster cowl hood to clear or am I wrong?
Joey, can you measure the highest point against a know component we will have in the Contour?
That would give us an idea of the hood clearence needed.
-J

sadly i never got around to calling joey. all i need to know is how tall it sits above a normal hood so i can start my final project of a hood for my class. sounds great and looks great sitting there.

Good job Joey

sadly i never got around to calling joey. all i need to know is how tall it sits above a normal hood so i can start my final project of a hood for my class. sounds great and looks great sitting there.

Good job Joey

I actually forgot about us talking about a hood, but after seeing that vid I'd be confident that the hood we talked about (2000 Cobra R 'power dome' cowl type) should clear. I'm going home this weekend and will try and get pics of the hood piece I have.
-J

just saw the video on your site....i can't wait for some driving videos it should be pretty sweet. what type of number increases should it give?

I actually forgot about us talking about a hood, but after seeing that vid I'd be confident that the hood we talked about (2000 Cobra R 'power dome' cowl type) should clear. I'm going home this weekend and will try and get pics of the hood piece I have.
-J

if i get some spare time from this hellish school work ill give joey a call.
I am starting my final project here soon and need to finalize what i am doing. id love to make something useful to the contour community

really? am sure its cuz i know little about superchargers, but dont they generally have higher whine pitches? didnt hear much in that video...

lol, sounded pretty good to me...maybe it's just the video :shrug: Under sustained high rpm, betcha you'd hear the whine plenty...

really? am sure its cuz i know little about superchargers, but dont they generally have higher whine pitches? didnt hear much in that video...

could be the style of supercharger, the video, etc that make it sound the way it does.

Depends on the supercharger. The Vortech centrifugal headunit we use is really LOUD. A roots blower like this one is usually stock sounding down low and the whine kicks in under load.

Having stood in front of it and listened to it, all I can say is...... :drool: It really does look killer in the Fusion, and sounds awesome. The whine is definitely there. I really want one of these set-ups. The black SVT I've got with the huge cowl hood would be perfect for it. The car already looks fairly evil, and this would make it sound evil too! Joey told me he has a dyno scheduled this week for it and a customer's car, so hopefully numbers are coming soon!

We swapped ou the pulley out now instead of turning the SC unit 8700 rpms we are now spiinning it 13,000 rpms enough to make 410hp. We also cut the hood late last night the camera was dead so when I get to the shop I will snap a pic fo ya'll to see that I was only 1" above the hood but because of the braces under the hoood the hood was raised 2 inches to clear the unit. I lost my tuning chip so the new tuning bus will be here monday I will have to pickup a shorted outer belt today too. I will post pics today. Stay tuned joey

The car is making 10 psi from 1300 rpms to 6300 rpms the car is really quick we have it detuned right now for his road trip and the car is moving 38 lbs a minute of air do the math:) the tranny is holding up great shifting very good and strong. We have some vids I will upload tomorrow I am tired the car left before I could get the dyno he had to get to a location ASAP so he will dyno the car in CA after we move up the timing the car is running 6* of timing and could use 6* more once we have time to tune it more. Joey

I was able to take some videos of us tuning the car is was not all out wide open but it was a quick sprint shots. We have th ecar detuned for the road trip like 8 degrees of timing but the car is till fast for sure enjoy the video. joey

Last edited by a moderator:
Back