• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pet Peeves.

Dont get me started on customers at the grocery store. Working the express lane was bad, I would turn away people who had more than the 15 items limit, like a lot more, if you are close i will allow it, but those who I turned away just would give me a nasty look. I dont give a :censored::censored::censored::censored: if you hate me now, I dont want your huge order and have to bag it all when I'm supposed to be the EXPRESS lane. Annoying. But working the self checkout, most boring thing ever. Stood there and tapped a screen for 8 hours at a time. Plus, people are stupid, if you dont know how to use the machine, dont hit it and yell and all, ask for help. "Damn machine wont read the barcode." Maybe its because the barcode needs to face the glass part dumbass...

Don't get me started on grocery stores. I've been working at one for over four years, and been a supervisor for almost as long. It is DEATH some of the stuff you see.

Don't get me started on grocery stores. I've been working at one for over four years, and been a supervisor for almost as long. It is DEATH some of the stuff you see.

I worked at one for two years, i dont think I could have made it two more. Right before I quit my boss told me she recommended me to be a checkout coach, which is the supervisor for the front end. Im glad I quit before I took that job because its a major PITA. I couldnt stand dealing with some of my co-workers as is, I couldn't imagine dealing with them as their boss.

Its funny though, i've visited their twice in the past month and I have been able to do whatever I want. I walk in the back room, the security room and anywhere i want and no one thinks twice about it. The store managers dont care, I'm pretty sure the one thought I was just checking my schedule even though I've been gone for over 6 months now.

I worked at one for two years, i dont think I could have made it two more. Right before I quit my boss told me she recommended me to be a checkout coach, which is the supervisor for the front end. Im glad I quit before I took that job because its a major PITA. I couldnt stand dealing with some of my co-workers as is, I couldn't imagine dealing with them as their boss.

Its funny though, i've visited their twice in the past month and I have been able to do whatever I want. I walk in the back room, the security room and anywhere i want and no one thinks twice about it. The store managers dont care, I'm pretty sure the one thought I was just checking my schedule even though I've been gone for over 6 months now.

lol... i used to work at JCP and i couldnt deal with it anymore.. so i quit.. almost a year ago. i went in on black friday and walked in the back room and had a free breakfast with them... managers and all

Dont get me started on customers at the grocery store. Working the express lane was bad, I would turn away people who had more than the 15 items limit, like a lot more, if you are close i will allow it, but those who I turned away just would give me a nasty look. I dont give a :censored::censored::censored::censored: if you hate me now, I dont want your huge order and have to bag it all when I'm supposed to be the EXPRESS lane. Annoying. But working the self checkout, most boring thing ever. Stood there and tapped a screen for 8 hours at a time. Plus, people are stupid, if you dont know how to use the machine, dont hit it and yell and all, ask for help. "Damn machine wont read the barcode." Maybe its because the barcode needs to face the glass part dumbass...

LMAO!
Jeff loves his job. :)

LMAO!
Jeff loved his job. :)

Fixed. The people I worked with, well some of them were cool. Then again some were just stupid and I'm glad I don't work with them anymore. Made a quite a few good friends there. Still keep in touch with my old boss too. Most of the good people I worked with don't work their anymore. All moved on to bigger and better things, like college.

But customers are just annoying d-bags for the most part.

i hate when people give you money that's all crumbled up. and by that i mean crumbled up to the point that it doesn't even resemble money anymore. seriously...wtf?

I hate when cashiers give you the bills and then the coins on top. One, the coins easily slide off the bills and out of your hand and two it is so much easier to put the bills into your wallet when they hand you the coins and then the bills.

yah but i've perfected the one handed fold and pour the change into my other hand or directly into my pocket technique. it's just annoying when you have to unruffle a bill..and even when you do it's still all wrinkled up and messes with the rest of your money you've got it folded with. gah!

I hate when cashiers give you the bills and then the coins on top. One, the coins easily slide off the bills and out of your hand and two it is so much easier to put the bills into your wallet when they hand you the coins and then the bills.

the lady at the Wendy's drive-through just did that to me yesterday...caused a five dollar bill drop on the ground in the water...annoying to say the least :mad:

I use two hands to give a customer change. I hand them the coins first with one of my hands, then give them their bills and receipt with the other.

I agree!

Back