• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Well, I'm all done for now and man does it feel good to have low-end torque again...The misfire is still there after replacing the plugs, but its nowhere near as bad as it was. With the gutted LIM, max honed upper and 65mm TB gone the car feels like snail up top....but i knew that would happen. With the stock TB on i have my cruise control back as well....starting to like the car again....after i get the coil overs swapped out i think I'm going to have myself a very comfortable cruiser again....man do i miss that. :cool: All that's left when that's done is paint, and interior work, and more engine bay work...ah who am i kidding this car is never going to be completely done in my eyes, there's just so much i want to do.

100_1706.jpg

Forgot the pic!

hey thats my old oil pan I gave you, when I snapped it building my 3L and you picked up my old and busted trans. whatever happened to that trans

sorry dont mean to hijack

awesome build man. glad to see resurection in-leu of destruction

Last edited:
hey thats my old oil pan I gave you, when I snapped it building my 3L and you picked up my old and busted trans. whatever happened to that trans

sorry dont mean to hijack

awesome build man. glad to see resurection in-leu of destruction

No, but I still have that pan around. Thats a 2.5 pan. Your trans wemt to TH & Is now a newly rebuilt monster in my car. Good to hear from you bud.

Until you get your ass handed to you by a dodge turbo minivan. There have been some very evil creations in the grm challenge.

I would love for someone to hand me my ass.... would definetly need both hands for that

I would love for someone to hand me my ass.... would definetly need both hands for that

WTF? I thought you said they worked you hard up at signicast? I went back to MPI lost 15 lbs in about 2-3 weeks just coming back. BUt runnning 2" pipe in the ceiling in the heat might have helped too?!?!?!

yikes. I am sooo glad it has cooled off at work now with the colder nights. Oh boy do I work hard still - I have moved up at work and am in a different area - less lifting, but still non stop moving for 12hrs... :yuk:

JOSH WOULD YOU POST PICS OF THE T-RED "FREE" SVT TEARDOWN ALREADY. I WILL GET MINE UP LATER TODAY TOO, SO GET ON IT!

does that upset you five-oooohhhh??? I write in all caps in real life anyway, so it is appropriate for my style of writing... so there.

Josh, I can't find my pics of the car in my garage.... I must have deleted them by accident. I still have the ones from your place... You start a thread poo pants, so everyone can see how the "free" svt is doing and where the parts are coming from...

Back