• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

I got the SC in and to my R&D it will work just fine I have a over a inch in height for air flow with 12 inches of horizontal width for the upper intake to flow enough air for the motor. Basically 10 square inches of passages for the air to reach the lower intake. The Snout goes right over the top of the valve cover the stock valve cover can stay I will build a brace off the back of the head that is the same for all duratec engines. I will take the idler pulley and make a dual pulley where the SC will be fed off of that loaction on our cars. I will cut off the top tab on the TB plate to gain more clearance and I will remove the threaded tabs on top of the SC. Here are some pics of the placement of the SC.
eatonsc_004.jpg

eatonsc_005.jpg

eatonsc_006.jpg

Idler pulley, nice. You're also going to have to deal with that EGR that will probably be a pain in the butt to move won't it? Plus its different on different Duratec engines. Either way, glad to see you trying something new :)

Actually the EGR will be perfect it will rotate 90 degrees and be flat on the bottom of my throttle plate adapter I will make. Of course I will have to make adaptions to all makes but that won't be hard since all you have to do is make a flange with a 1" pipe to retrofit any manifold. I will give you updates now I have to order some metal to build the base. and upper manifold.

the only difference between a 3 liter and a 2.5 liter is the lower intakes are oval ports which I will have the flange made to match and the 2.5 will have the split ports using a different flange to adapt. The 3 liter swaps will either be oval port lowers or split ports too. I will be developing a lower intake that will have it own aluminum fuel rails where ther will be no grinding or welding in the injector spots. The lower intake will be used in conjuction with SC so that the fuel rail issue will be resolved. I will have the ford adapter slip fittings on the end of the fuel rail for factory removal.

the only thing that confuses me is...how is the SC going to fit on top of the UIM in the 2.5L like you have it in the 3L

The upper manifold will be deleted on both applications I will build a new upper intake that will allow the SC to bolt up to it. The lower will stay the same on the 2.5 liter and anyone with 3 liter will either buy my adapter lower intake for ease of install or can just bolt up there split port lower. just imagine I remove the upper intake and replace it with a universal upper. The mazda 6 etc will have same setup with maybe some alterations to the valve cover clearance but there is also oval ports too.

The upper manifold will be deleted on both applications I will build a new upper intake that will allow the SC to bolt up to it. The lower will stay the same on the 2.5 liter and anyone with 3 liter will either buy my adapter lower intake for ease of install or can just bolt up there split port lower. just imagine I remove the upper intake and replace it with a universal upper. The mazda 6 etc will have same setup with maybe some alterations to the valve cover clearance but there is also oval ports too.

ahhhh...now i get it! thanks for clarifying! I am excited and maybe will have some money for this once it is finished!!!

no more strut tower brace! thats ok, i think this will look better, and actually do some good!

yes i'm very interested in this setup because i want instant throttle response for the twisty backroads where i live. also for auto x and time attack where i want the punch coming off the corners.

yes i'm very interested in this setup because i want instant throttle response for the twisty backroads where i live. also for auto x and time attack where i want the punch coming off the corners.

How much have you research ANY forced induction setup? :confused:

"instant throttle response"? "punch coming off of corners"??

You DO know that a super charger is driven by the engine, thus the power is determined by your RPMs, right? "instant throttle response" has nothing to do with having, or not having a supercharger. "INSTANT" response would be a naturally aspirated engine making your desired power at your desired low rpm level.

a supercharger isn't going to make tons of power that low.. period.. if it did, it would be a waste up high, as you'd have to bleed off any excess boost it makes in the upper revs, which it WOULD (rpm driven, remember?)

Glad you are interested, but I don't think you are interested for the right reasons...

Back