• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

so 80" is too big

78" is too small

and 79" won't work without washers

:confused: :confused: :confused:.

How did you get on with the crossover tube ? .....G.

79 is too short. 80 too long.

I ended up cutting at the middle of the bend, getting 1" heater hose and clamping it on. Welding would have been cleaner, but, its harder then you think to align for clearance.

So whats the thoughts on that other freeze plug on the rear head? Is that acceptable for oil temp? is it deep enough to accept the oil temp sender?

- Belts on. Its snug. but not tight, probably just paranoid.
- Radiator is in, it fits like crap, and was extremely difficult to get in.
- Lower radiator hose doesnt fit, had to make a extension contraption to make it fit.
- Drivers side radiator hose is being difficult to install. Will force on.
- Engine bay has no room.
- All thats left engine wise is a few electrical connections and fluids.
- Need to get base tune.
- Hands are missing alot of skin.

Hope it doesn't break.

- Engine bay has no room.

i know i sent you black couplers, but i hope you put some color in there, either with new couplers or painting the intercooler. with it all in there and all black it just looks like a solid chunk

- hope it doesn't break.

i felt the same yesterday when i drove my car for the first time in 3 years !! .. still buzzin today.

Have you fired it up yet ? com'on, i need some pointers in easing from N/A to F.I. ....G.

Hey man dont make me feel like CSVT #49 lol Was trying to clean up some more wiring, and vacuum lines, thats about all i got left. Besides fluids... And a base tune, i'll probably get that started.

I have this weekend and the entire next week + weekend off. I REALLY want to take a vacation, but its probably not financially responsible, especially the way I've been hemorrhaging money on this project. I could probably finish it in that time.

Hey man dont make me feel like CSVT #49 lol Was trying to clean up some more wiring, and vacuum lines, thats about all i got left. Besides fluids... And a base tune, i'll probably get that started.

I have this weekend and the entire next week + weekend off. I REALLY want to take a vacation, but its probably not financially responsible, especially the way I've been hemorrhaging money on this project. I could probably finish it in that time.

Don't feel too bad, i was just moving it to somewhere i can get overdue bodywork done. I was so pleased nothing broke or failed.

I thought you had the tuning side of things sorted ... i went to Dreamscience over here for a base tune for the injectors/cam's,/F.I./MAF.....G.

Cool good luck with yours.

Somthing i forgot that is a bother to me, the upper radiator hose is leaning against the charger, not a big fan of that... Going to need some thermal barrier. *note to self.

Yea I know how you feel. This whole NPG kit has been a major PITA. Nothing fits right. I'll throw some pics up in my thread to show you guys.

So don't feel to bad with the little bumps in the road that you've had.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah other than the charger and jackshaft, it fits like crap. I am 100% certain vortech built this kit outside the engine and tried to stuff it back in. Said "Uh-oh"

Yours seems to fit worse, but that's not surprising me, seeing other NPG products.

i need some pointers in easing from N/A to F.I. ....G.

Do it all at once, there's no easy way to transition from one to the other. No excuses, play like a champion!!! :)

Yeah other than the charger and jackshaft, it fits like crap. I am 100% certain vortech built this kit outside the engine and tried to stuff it back in. Said "Uh-oh"

Yours seems to fit worse, but that's not surprising me, seeing other NPG products.

Huh, I feel like I mentioned that to you at one point.. :)

Yep. Now that i got the radiator in, you are right. No doubt about it

I sent my tuner a email last weeknd...

Newest clearance issue. Ugh. And engine bay pic, still need to bolt down the tb bracket, and i havent got all the vaccum line extras figured out by the firewall, have the ugly clear hose for valve cover.. but you get the idea.

uploadfromtaptalk1405457618704.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405457796246.jpg

Back