• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

wow, i need a guided tour round that engine bay !!

out of interest, what is the coil bracket situation under that Taurus UIM ? ...... G.

Yeah there is alot going on, not exagerating.

The coil pack is back there, bugzuki made the bracket, it was the prototype for the 04+ valve covers. Dont know if he sold anymore in production.

doesn't look like it, that GB thread comes to an abrupt end. Seems like that 02 03 bracket you bought was a good investment !! ....G.

Wonderful my radiator has a hair crack someplace. Good thing its so easy to take out, find a replacement and put back in.

this thread needs moar pictures .... especially one of you pulling your hair out :laugh: ....G.

Ohhh boy... finally read all 47 pages of this thread. Now I must say im scared. Probably not going to start the S/C install until late September due to the summer heat down here. Hell the 3l isn't even preped yet. Awesome thread though and I'll sure use it.

•••• this radiator and these ••••ty ass spacers. It fits like garbage. Broke off one of the alignment pins at the top. Still doesnt fit. Trash.

Coming back next time with a welder and making my own ••••ing spacer welding it right to thr subframe and radiator brackets.

Might break off the other pin and figure out a better option for the top. As it is now its just preventing from it going in striaght.

Awful awful fitment.

hey beans; are you trying to install the rad with or without the fans attached ?

what is happening with the spacers ? ...G.

Installing it with the fans.

Nothing fits. It's either broken pins at the top or spacers bolting on or it not fitting up top, right side left side. Bottom/ Top. doesn't matter. Its bad fitment, if i try to make it fit i will break this radiator too... No doubt.
Fitment is so tight i can literally push it up with no bolts or anything attached it will just sit there. I honestly don't know how it would be possible WITH air conditioning stuff. I took off all non essentials off the radiator.

Im going to build a long spacer for the top and make the whole thing fit lower, build spacers for the lower brackets weld them to the subframe and have them bolt to those with a offset.

ok, i installed my rads without the fans on. This is not an easy way out because the fans are a pain to wiggle in afterwards... but i did eventually get them in.... i scraped a few fins.

I also have air con installed .... so believe it or not, it was possible.

My biggest problem was the crossover water pipe fouling the fan shroud (where you trim it). I just kept trying to get one side of the fan shroud in and then the other ......take your time .... it will go eventually. The head unit oil drain was i pain too.... i took the pipe off and rotated the 90* elbow out of the way.

If you approach this knowing it is going to be a slow difficult process where you have to inch the parts into place, you should get it in without breaking anything.

keep us updated ....G.

I have taken it in and out 10 times today. It's time for custom fitment to make it fit better, or correctly.

take some photo's ... i'm really intetested to see what you do .

It's late here ... going to bed .... i'll check back a.m. and see how you got on GL ....G.

did you notch the fan on the inside like youre supposed to? ive had mine out with the fans attached no problem

Back