• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who all is from Iowa?

Long Grove - north of Eldridge, north of Davenport...

I have a 2000 SVT (bought used last year), and 2 '95 Mystiques the kids drive.

I am a cougar owner from Cedar Rapids. You can check out my cardomain, the link is in my sig.

I'm in Des Moines and I'll most likely be headed to Spring Zing this year. Depending on how busy things are, I might try to put something together late this summer for a local meet.

Rick

Hey Rick, have you ever boxed in a rear subframe? I just picked up an Aussie bar and I am trying to find someone willing to get this done for me. Possibly even boxing in the rear control arms too.

I'm in Ames for school right now too. . .so let me know if you're able to.

I haven't boxed in a subframe yet. I'll probably have to pass on doing it for right now though as my garage is pretty much full with my car and a bunch of remodel stuff.

Thanks,
Rick

I haven't boxed in a subframe yet. I'll probably have to pass on doing it for right now though as my garage is pretty much full with my car and a bunch of remodel stuff.

Thanks,
Rick

You wouldn't happen to know someone in central/eastern iowa that would be able to do it then would you?

Depending on how busy things are, I might try to put something together late this summer for a local meet.

Rick

I might be willing to try and make it to this if one is planned. Needs to be located somewhere in central Iowa preferably thou.

So I know this is an old thread and all....and though I'm new here, I feel the need to rehash this and see how many people from Iowa still have their cars or have joined since this was started. I'm new to this kind of ride, and would enjoy meeting other experienced people or just get together and compare cars, mod ideas, and what kind of future we all have planned for our CSVT's

i have family in davenport. closer to buffalo, but they are down there lol

Well I'm still around. Technically when I posted to this originally I didn't have a Contique at the time, so you could say I'm back in the club :p.

It would be sweet to get together with some members in or close to the cedar rapids, IA area.

I'm in CR just joined today just recently bought a 98 T-Red CSVT a month ago and have been replacing the suspension right now should be good to drive in the next week or so. I think i've seen your SVT mystickustoms... where you located?

NW side of CR Edgewood and O ave. I work over at Rockwell, nope wasnt mine, Its been in the garage getting all new suspension components and some other tune up parts. Havent really done anything else probably wont be back on the road for another week or so. You over by Franklin and Prairie?

Yes I am. The Rockwell on 32nd St? I knew there was some svts around still, but as soon as I get mine out I don't see any. I work at 5 seasons auto rebuilders as a painter.

Back