• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

gots the Fiero out! wahoo!

and i did get tires for it. the tirexs i had on had dry rot cracks the entire circumfrence on a couple of the tires. I am now running some sumitomo htr's that cam off a bmw M/coupe. hardly used and am now running a 225/45/17 in the front and a 245/40/17 in back :D

looks great!

gots the Fiero out! wahoo!

and i did get tires for it. the tirexs i had on had dry rot cracks the entire circumfrence on a couple of the tires. I am now running some sumitomo htr's that cam off a bmw M/coupe. hardly used and am now running a 225/45/17 in the front and a 245/40/17 in back :D

looks great!

NICE! Pics!

One of the real estate agents called me and told me it was sold? :confused:

Yeah 4.5-4.75% depending on which loan you get.

WTF. Already?!?! I would call and ask is there just an offer on it or is it just finalized? If it is just an offer you can always offer one as well and see if you can beat them out.

WTF. Already?!?! I would call and ask is there just an offer on it or is it just finalized? If it is just an offer you can always offer one as well and see if you can beat them out.

Yeah I'm still waiting to hear from the woman I called and set up the appointment with, this was from a different agent.

Just ordered the Clutch, Pressure Plate, Throw Out Bearing, SVT Flywheel from Steve. Total $450ish shipped. There are only 2 new SVT flywheels left....if you want one get it now since they are obsolete and he had to go threw a different wherehouse to get it.

Just ordered the Clutch, Pressure Plate, Throw Out Bearing, SVT Flywheel from Steve. Total $450ish shipped. There are only 2 new SVT flywheels left....if you want one get it now since they are obsolete and he had to go threw a different wherehouse to get it.

Crappy... guess I'll have to fork out for a light weight flywheel if I ever have to replace mine :(

Yay - replaced both lower control arms and a drivers side cv.... now I just gota drop the car off at a shop to replace the drivers side wheel bearing...
Car should drive nice though - within the last 5K it has had damn near everything replaced.

Drivers side wheel bearing
Drivers side LCA
Drivers side CV
Drivers side TRE
Passenger side knuckle
Passenger side inner and outer CV
Passenger side LCA
Passenger side TRE
New tires

Next on the list to tackle is the rear sway bar, e brake cables, y-pipe and resonated test pipe.

Wow Kyle you must really beat the piss out of your cars. Is there anything you haven't broken yet...? lol

Haha - only thing I've actually broken is that factory diff - everything else has been maintenance related. When I got the car I noticed every part of the drive train on the passenger side had junkyard paint on it, the intermediate bearing was shot and the cv was clicking. I replaced everything, the balljoints moved with the breeze and I could pull ~ 1/8" of upwards/downwards play out of the ones on the old control arms. The drivers side cv needed to be replaced as every time I took the transmission or motor out I just separated the joint at the transmission - that took it's toll on the shaft. The TRE's were bad and when bolted in the knuckle had play in them, MOOG replacements were in order.

I guess when it comes to steering and drivetrain parts if one side is bad, I replace the other side as well. I have beat the living sh|t out of this car - I do every time I get behind the wheel, it is just fun. I've never really had any mechanical problems with the car besides a pair of shift tower bolts and the factory diff. Looking forward to tuning the car this year - should have done that years ago... I've also got quite a pile of parts to put on the car as well, TRicker knows about some of the stuff I have laying around..:nonono:

Shop called - another $200 to replace the drivers side wheel bearing, still cheaper then a knuckle :rolleyes:

My front right squeeks while I drive. Like I hear a "squeek, squeek, squeek" as I go. Also; when I brake, the rear brakes make a clicking noise. We just replaced the back drums... AND, while breaking the brakes make a noise and shake. It's hard to explain. It feels like there is air in the lines, but we already bled them to make sure there wasnt.

Ugh. It's a constant head ache with this thing.

Any ideas?

My front right squeeks while I drive. Like I hear a "squeek, squeek, squeek" as I go. Also; when I brake, the rear brakes make a clicking noise. We just replaced the back drums... AND, while breaking the brakes make a noise and shake. It's hard to explain. It feels like there is air in the lines, but we already bled them to make sure there wasnt.

Ugh. It's a constant head ache with this thing.

Any ideas?

Warped rotors?

Back