• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Well hell, the pudmobile is coming back to mn first weekend in march, with a blown trans. Why are these cars so addictive...

A dude down in st.Luis. said doesn't know what happened but atleast the case is messed up. So we'll see when I get down there

A dude down in st.Luis. said doesn't know what happened but atleast the case is messed up. So we'll see when I get down there

If the case is messed up, hopefully the internals are still good. There aren't that many miles on them....I am trying to remember how many miles it had on it when I got it. Just north of 100K? But LivinSVT did a full rebuild of that transmission not too long before I bought it. Shifted smooth in every gear while I had it...the only thing I ever had go wrong with it was the Spec clutch splitting open and having the springs pop out. I only really ever got on it one time, snapped an axle and figured I would drive it like a grandpa after that.

I was able to fix most of the issues with my Cougar this past weekend. I pulled my rear header and the lower flange was cracked almost all the way around. It was hanging on by a tiny thread. I had it welded up and had the shop weld in a flex section to my y pipe to prevent it from happening again. The stock 2 bolt setup is crap. I'd guess Ford wanted to save cash so instead of using a flex they use some cheapo springs to function as a flex which isn't compatible with aftermarket y pipes.

While I was swapping the header I found the source of my idle issue. My PCV line was resting on my EGR tube and had melted slightly to create a air leak. Oddly enough it was resting on the insulation jacket which should have prevented it.

After the header weld, new flex, and some new PCV tubing the car drives prefect. Woohoo! Just in time for the morning blizzard!

Also, I think this is the best trout slap I've seen.

fish%20gif_zpsxlrzgkgl.gif

csvt.jpg

My car is still for sale.
I know we just got a ton of snow, but spring will be here in a matter of weeks. Special offer to local CEG members only: $6600.00 takes her, $6700.00 if you want the factor e1's to go along with her. Tires are shot on the e1's though.

Attachments

• csvt.jpg
    csvt.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
Back