• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fuel Grade

Well then use premium while you fix the problem with your car thats making it detonate with the correct fuel grade.

I just bought mine last month and got it running yesterday. I have a few bugs to work out still but it at least moves under it own power. I did see another black CSVT on the NS a couple weeks ago.

Bought mine begining of the year & love it, but I've always been a ford guy. Since i bought it, have never seen another CSVT until this past weekend walkin outta a post office in Richmond, VA while on a week long business trip. It was an older man (50ish) driving it, we chatted 4 a few. The ironic thing is I was walkin out from shippin a MAF adapter & K&N filter to another member on here. I told em about the forum he hadn't heard of it b4.

Yeah if u ever see a T-Red MY2000/tan at the Suds, say hello, (names Jason). Actually next time u go there send me a PM. Wouldnt mind checkin out ur Cobra or CSVT whichever u choose 2 drive. There's always tons of Mustangs there & they give me some wierd looks sometimes, & seem to not like the cars at all.

If you need tires let me know I have a local hook up at a tire barn in Indy. He saved me $60 a tire ($240 total minus taxes) when I bought my toyo proxe 4's which are "the ????", IMO. Very sticky, quiet & decent in the rain.

I usually put between 230 and 300 between fills. I dont have my paper I wrote all my miles and gallons on. All my receipts are already turned in. Im using a performance tune on a modified car, so they dont accurately reflect an SVTs milage, however the differences between the tunes I believe were just a small change in timing between the 87 octane program and 91 octane program.

Hehe I'm lucky to get 200 miles between fills :laugh:

I only run premium.

Last summer gas went to over $4/gallon for regular here in Atlanta. The only thing available was regular and I couldn't find premium for about three weeks. The SVT ran like doo-doo on regular, engine knock/ping to the point where I was afraid of driving it.

NOS Racing Formula Octane Booster helped a lot.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NOS-12010

I stashed 15 gallons of premium in the garage at the beginning of hurricane season this summer just in case.

-Tim-

I always run premium and i don't have a csvt. My tour only has a cold air intake right now for performance. When i fill up my tank i usually get to 375 miles. That's about 25-28 mpg on average on regular i only seem to get 20-24 ish. And i normally put in 13ish gallons.

Quick question does the SVT 98.5+ have a bigger tank than just a tour?
Cause i got a svt guage cluster and was just wondering if it did have a bigger tank would my electronics make up the differance?
I just don't wana run out of gas.

dang, this thread is still going strong!

anyway... ever since i made this thread i have been running premium...i only ran reg. once since i have owned the car... but i have been getting a little over 300 miles a tank... 28 mpg was my best mileage yet! but that was going slowwwwww all the time and going 65 on the highway :(.... my worst mileage i got on premium was 23 mpg.. i must have been going fast that tank :)...

Back