• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LUK clutch blew, stranded......

I'm leaning towards the full face setup instead of the 6 puck.

I would rather just buy the disc with closed spring windows and use my LUK PP and TOB.

The discs listed on the site (shown above), the spring window is partially open which doesn't look like a big deal and the stage 1 kit is a closed spring window :ponder:.

Whats this? OEM SVT clutches are rubbish?

I think I've been saying that now for almost 5 years

OEM SVT clutch is rated for 200hp at the clutch, 3.0's put down 200+ at the wheels........

I like the idea of the clutchnet disk with a frsh SVT pressure plate though. will ford sell just the pressure plate though?

About 8k on my stage 3 and zero problems. Holds the turbo 3.0 just fine.

Thats about 8K on your clutchnet one.

I am using his old Spec 3+, and it now has roughly 20K (Turbo 3L) miles on it, and although the friction surface is getting a little low everything still looks and performs just fine.

I'm liking the input on the clutchnet.

You guys think ill be ok using the spring hub clutch disc with a luk tob and pressure plate?

I have a stage 2 clutchnet disc with a LUK pressure plate. Have about 25xxx miles or so. Not even LUK TOB either. Something from Carquest. You can't slip it too much otherwise it'll heat up too quickly and won't grab hard if you're getting on it. Unless it's just in my head? lol

i have a stage 3 clutchnet in my 3l. and love it. its extreamly light compaired to the svt clutch. but its consistent and engages smoothly if you slip it. other then that it grabs like a mother••••er!

though im only in the breaking-in stage...

I think KyleQ had about 20K out of his clutchnet before he destroyed it. I want to say he posted about it in the yup thread with in the last 2-6 months. And he beat that thing like everyone would beat Steedas mom on a friday night.

I'm liking the input on the clutchnet.

You guys think ill be ok using the spring hub clutch disc with a luk tob and pressure plate?

I'm no clutch expert, but I guess my opinion is there should be no problems with that setup, however it would also make sense to upgrade the pressure plate for a little added power handling capability. The disk is better than stock by quite a bit according to clutchnet so I would assume there would be no issue with a stock pp.

I'm dissapointed to be in over $500 already to get this back on the road :nonono: :
-$37 trans fluid
-$148 clutchnet disc
-$110 for 2 ball joints
-$50 wheel bearing
-$45 wheel bearing press labor
-$50 rod shift seal
-$40 DMD
-$30 misc seals
-$50 coolant hose

Probably need an alignment, need 2 new front tires mounted/balanced (tires were $160). Good thing I am getting some $$ for my koni/GC setup to cover some of this cost before christmas...... I really hope this clutchnet holds together for 50k miles at least :help:.

Wow that is so much for ballpoints. I bought new control arms with ballpoints for 60 each. There is a shop by me that sells the wheel bearings for 20 each. and they press them in for you if you take them the hubs.

Gesh these cars are getting expensive to maintain hahah

Just saying that was crazy dude haha. When will you're clutch kit be in? I got a email saying mine will be here tomorrow. I got ticketed today for working on my car in the drive way. :nonono:

Rockauto has the same bjs for $32 each but then over $12 for shipping. So for a little more to get it local and lifetime warranty I went with orileys.

No word on when the clutch will be in.

Back