• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LUK clutch blew, stranded......

dorman sucks ive always said that...... no one listens.. but here comes a few people that back them up...

I just want to state that is the dorman control arm costs $36 and the ford control arm costs $120 its for a reason.

So far the bushings in the control arm-to-subframe are OK. No lateral play or cracking. But yes, the Dorman BJs are junk. I figured at the time the new Dormans would be better than my 200k mile OEM stuff, I guess barely for any significant amount of time :eek:. These BJs were split like this after only 10k miles.

I agree, the silver trans is looking good.

After giving up with phone calls and email, I sent this fax:

1206121550.jpg

Within a few minutes I got a phone call from Olig saying my clutch will be here tomorrow :D.

:laugh:

it looks like he was explaining the lack of symmetry of a womans areola placement on the buzom.

Last edited:
No clutch in the mail this morning.......

And I have the wrong output shaft axle seals :nonono:.

let me guess you bought them at your local parts store and they gave you automatic ones.... guess what they did that here too... you can only get mtx output seals online.

I bought them on rockauto. 3 options came up. I bought one of each of the cheapest 2. They showed up and are the ones with the rubber wrapped around the metal outter ring, where the originals are just a bare metal outter ring...... :nonono:.

Here is a stock photo of the wrong seals:

Part #s:
2007N
getimage.php

223453:
getimage.php

I have no idea how I found these 2 seals. I must have entered in the wrong vehicle info because now when I search for 1995 Contour V6 MTX, these don't come up as an option :confused: :nonono:. I knew they looked wrong, but figured that the design changed after all these years.

EDIT:

So I went into rockauto again and my original order of seals came from going into "transmission-manual", then "output shaft seal", then those 2 options came up. The correct way was to go into "drivetrain", then "axle shaft seal"..... too little too late now :rolleyes:. That's where I f'd up :blackeye:.

Here is a stock photo of the wrong seals:

EDIT:

So I went into rockauto again and my original order of seals came from going into "transmission-manual", then "output shaft seal", then those 2 options came up. The correct way was to go into "drivetrain", then "axle shaft seal"..... too little too late now :rolleyes:. That's where I f'd up :blackeye:.
That's my one gripe with Rockauto... you can find two completely different parts just by going under two different menus, when theoretically it should show the same part. I had the same problem when I ordered axle seals for my Shadow's mtx.

No clutch in the mail this morning.......

And I have the wrong output shaft axle seals :nonono:.

i might be able to get you a part number for them... i got them from team ford parts (website). it the cheepest website i found. i got everything from them

I have the correct napa part number and the correct motorcraft part number now, but thanks.

Clutchnet disc did finally show up today and I am oogling over the quality of the spring windows and overall construction.

I have the correct napa part number and the correct motorcraft part number now, but thanks.

Clutchnet disc did finally show up today and I am oogling over the quality of the spring windows and overall construction.

Your welcome for the napa info haha :). I was in shock when I opened my clutchnet stg2 kit.

Back