• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2014?

The drive from CO is the same reason I have never gone to either CF or SZ. I think I would be fine with somewhere around 1000 miles each way but more than that starts to cost a lot of $ and time. Also there would have to be a track day for me to justify making the drive as I would most likely be trailering my car. Combining the events only makes sense as there are a number of people like me that have and have had both cougars and contours.

Just my input, hope the location ends up being somewhat centralized so I can start planning soon when to have my car ready.

On the subject of a "west coast" event, if there's enough people to make it happen, I would be happy to put something together. The town I live in is right on Route 66 (last town in the USA bypassed by an Interstate along Route 66), lots of hotels, car shows (in fact this weekend is our big annual car show), awesome weather (August and it's 83 degrees for a high today), an hour away from the Grand Canyon, hour and a half from Sedona, etc.

If enough people wanted a racing event, we could try doing the event closer to the Phoenix area (although I would try to not do it in Phoenix itself), and Firebird Raceway will reopen as the Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park later this fall. They have a full NHRA drag strip (first 750 feet to be resurfaced this fall), 3 road courses, an autocross course, 2 different indoor go-kart tracks in the Phoenix area, etc.

Like I said, IF there is a legitimate demand to have something closer for the west coast guys (still combining NECO and CEG), I would be more than happy to do the legwork to make something happen out here.

On the flip side, IF we have enough interest from the West Coast, we could set up a MASSIVE caravan to the main event itself back East (not too far East, hopefully). I drove all the way from Arizona, and man, if there were a few more cars with me, the trip would have been WAY better. Two days in a car with nobody to talk to, just driving for hours on end hoping I don't run out of music on my thumb drive, got a little stale. Once I got to Omaha, Nebraska and met up with Axximilli and then Black Tilly, the final day of driving seemed to go by so much faster because we could talk to each other on walkie-talkies, look at things on each others cars, chat about mods, make fun of other cars on the Interstate, etc.

That could be fun as a second event later on in fall in addition to SZ. Say early/mid Sept.??

Just curious, what would have made it "interesting" enough for you?

The cars don't attract me to the event anymore, so my official answer is I do not know. There are friends I'd like to see go who haven't been going, so that's part of it.

But....but....we could have shouted stuff at people again!!!!

lol... one of my personal top 5 of all time to this day.

CONTOUGARFEST 2014

Fixed even better. :cool::laugh::hammer:

HAHA! thanks. I'm a little slow...

Should someone be keeping track of interest in a west coast event? I'm not volunteering because I suck at all things related to planning. I will gladly put my name on a list though :D

Maybe start a Poll? Is there a NECO member reading that could probe interest from the Cougar side?

At any rate, this:

Supports Contougarfest:
1. Hylix

I'm in utah I have two svt contours I'd love to bring out maybe that would help u guys not to mention one is 3l supercharged and the other is 2.5 turbo

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If it was somehow linked to the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, that would be a HUGE incentive for me to go, and I wouldn't have to drive alone as I have friends that go to the Focus Rising event that corresponds with AFN from this part of the country.

I'm with you on this. I've bought both Contour SVT's from this area.

I'm with you on this. I've bought both Contour SVT's from this area.

You guys seriously think we could find a hotel with a block of 25+ rooms anywhere NEAR Carlisle that weekend that's not $300 a night (if you can even find one that isn't completely booked solid already)?

Keep dreaming.

Btw for those that are anti-combined events, here's some history:
68060878-FDCA-43E8-9900-D5B7D17090F8-1482-0000046156ADEF17_zpsf0c2a215.jpg

SZ 2002 had the biggest turnout out of any single year.
It was a combined event with the SHO Society.
:p

Oh boy. I wore the •••• out of that shirt. I think it finally gave up the ghost around 2007. Wish I had another!

I don't want to rain on the parade of some of the people here who are really gung-ho, but combining SZ and Cougarfest was an idea we should have gone to years ago. SZ attendance had been dropping steadily for many years, and the website outages just pushed things over a cliff. That's not something that can be turned around in a year or two when you have an automotive platform that has been out of production for a decade. I doubt it can be turned around much at all.

I met some awesome people this past July, and there were several occasions during the weekend that we commented how our two events were really the same thing, just held at different times. This event is more about the people than the cars and always has been. I'm trying to figure out why we should try to keep them separate, other than simple pride. It's time to swallow that pride and realize that we have less than 10 years left for this as it gets harder and harder to keep these cars on the road. Let's do whatever is necessary to keep it going.

We've all "thrown up" in here.....

I say wherever, but Michigan.

Indy, Ohio, IL, WI, MN, IA, PA, MA

There are a lot of west coast contours that would lobe to come out but meeting all the way out there prevents me from bring my 3 svts out. I wanna go to spring zing but its gotta be some where in the middle lol.... I mean I'm in utah ehh oh well

Back