• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2014?

I really think we should meet some where a little farther south it will make it easier for the people in Florida and people around me to meet up I had 6 contour's come to my meet and that wasn't all of them had two other want to come but had last minute problems family related. It would be nice if it were in the VA area to me. But anything closer would be good.

I keep rallying for Louisville, but I don't have the time to make a proposal. It's exactly the halfway point between Florida and Michigan. Striker made a KY proposal a couple of years ago; he needs to just re-post that one.

is funny you say no michigan joe, because fest hasnt been there since 02 (i think) if need be i could put my brown county proposal back up, but i dont really want to run another one. and there isnt the track stuff available that the cegers want

is funny you say no michigan joe, because fest hasnt been there since 02 (i think) if need be i could put my brown county proposal back up, but i dont really want to run another one. and there isnt the track stuff available that the cegers want

Yeah, MI kind of dropped like a stone. As soon as the economy took a dump there we lost 75% of our members from that area.

Not sure what to do at this point. If I lived outside WI, I would try to put something together for SZ/CF but I can't. We need someone to step up from one of those regions or just plan it in a spot we recently got together.

I looked at the us map and i think kansas is right in the middle. Why not something in the ks area? I am not even from there but the idea isn't bad...

I'm sorry I've was putting some stuff together but had s little snag. Out of the blue my motor decided to go boom. Then all this pain with the government didn't help. I'll be posting some stuff next week hopefully will be all done with the svt for a bit.

I'm sorry I've was putting some stuff together but had s little snag. Out of the blue my motor decided to go boom. Then all this pain with the government didn't help. I'll be posting some stuff next week hopefully will be all done with the svt for a bit.

I would love to come out adam. When we talked on the phone your proposal sounded perfect if you get some time you ought to call me

Just saw this and must say that I'm surprised that we don't have something in the works yet. I would not mind going anywhere that is within 300-400 miles...

not just saying this because im in ohio, i think it should be ohio again, most of the members on here are from the northeast US area, besides we've gained a lot of contour owners in the ohio/pa area even indiana, i say we try this again, in 2011 it was a great turnout, too bad Malcolm won't do it again, id host it but there isnt much around my area and i have no clue what to do for a 4 day thing, i had problems making a mini meet for one day where i live not doing a 4 day event, unless someone wants to stand up and help?

CougarFest Columbus in 2011 was good. We had a dyno day at DynoTune Motorsports in Galloway ($50 for 3 pulls with A/F), Autocross with United Ford Owners at Columbus Motor Speedway ($15 for 6 runs, we got our own separate class with trophies for the top 3), dinner and show at Quaker Steak and Lube, and a road rally through Worthington and Polaris.

I seen on neco someone proposed Mechanicsburg, PA. If they do it there i should actually be able to make for once to a meet. not to far of a drive and im sure i can trust my SVT to make it.

im hoping its anywhere that isnt another 14 hour drive. i'd love to come, but last time driving to akron was a HAUL. definitely not interested in doing that again. theres a bunch of florida members that im sure would go given that it isnt on the top edge of the US(MI, OH, PA)

this goes to where the bulk of where your members are. years ago we did a map of where our members were and basically IN/OH was the middle. sure there are some fringe members in FL or CA but that shouldnt effect things as a whole

Again this just drives the need for more regional meets. Set them up and people will come. The National meet will always be more centrally located, I've given up trying to change that trend. It's just the way it is if you want to maximize attendance.

The National meet will always be more centrally located.

its always north-centrally located. i have yet to go to a spring zing thats actually centrally located. like i said, there's a ton of widely active ceg members down here in georgia and florida. the large EGL ceg population that was once the epicenter of our group seems to be fizzling out as of the last couple years. having it in a central(KY, VA, WV, NC, TN) location would bring a lot of members that have always been on the edge of going, but simply couldn't justify the drive up north. i know we have this conversation every year, and every year, its up north and attendance is lower and lower.

Back