• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

Hectours "weight loss" is complete, now we just gotta figure out where we're buying the "lap bands", I think him and I are buying the same type, although mine should last alot longer!

I'm not starting the famous "sports countdown", but we've got 77 days to go!

LOL what?

I think he's talking about tires? Either that or you guys have really beefed up since last year. I reckon ya'll got some good eats up north?

Your right Eric, "lap bands" was my creative name for tires tied in with weight loss. We make "laps" on the road and the "bands of rubber" make it easier:crazy:

As far as gaining weight, well, even though I'm in Chicago and the food is great and I love going out to dinner I haven't gained any weight AND I'm 40 years old, the old metabolism is still working I guess. Three trips to Smoque BBQ in the past 2 weeks too:drool:

Back to the tires, Hectour has ordered his Conti DWS' (P225/45/17) and come Monday, I'm ordering my tires/wheels. Unless my mind changes, I'm going with the all-season Conit DWS' as well, but just not sure about 16's or 17's. The 16's are lighter (remember, I don't have hp OR TQ, so its important to me) but the offset is 40mm and my stock offset is 53-55. The 17's are a bit heavier and cost a bit more, but the offset is closer to what I've got (45mm), so there's +/-'s My fellow Slayers, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe Hectour can post some pics of his new rims:shrug:

Factory aftermarket....coined by Roger so long ago. But he gave it away with the tire size.
Your right Eric, "lap bands" was my creative name for tires tied in with weight loss. We make "laps" on the road and the "bands of rubber" make it easier:crazy:

As far as gaining weight, well, even though I'm in Chicago and the food is great and I love going out to dinner I haven't gained any weight AND I'm 40 years old, the old metabolism is still working I guess. Three trips to Smoque BBQ in the past 2 weeks too:drool:

Back to the tires, Hectour has ordered his Conti DWS' (P225/45/17) and come Monday, I'm ordering my tires/wheels. Unless my mind changes, I'm going with the all-season Conit DWS' as well, but just not sure about 16's or 17's. The 16's are lighter (remember, I don't have hp OR TQ, so its important to me) but the offset is 40mm and my stock offset is 53-55. The 17's are a bit heavier and cost a bit more, but the offset is closer to what I've got (45mm), so there's +/-'s My fellow Slayers, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe Hectour can post some pics of his new rims:shrug:

Dash is almost done with the exception of powdercoating and cutting the corners off for easier egress.
0724001441.jpg

0724001440.jpg

It appears the Contours and their 2 door cousin, the Cougar are going to be out in full effect for this Dragon Run. My count has 3 Cougars and 2 CSVT's so far. Our list of "who's going" is growing still. *It appears Jason has a couple more people going, he's our #1 recruiter, someone get that guy some stripes for his sleeve!

My new tires and wheels are ordered and pics will be coming once they're installed and cleaned. I might even have them installed the same day Hectour gets his new shoes, we got the same type of tires, both 20mm wider than our previous too. I bet mine last longer though, ahhhh, the joys of NO torque, it does a wallet good:eek:

Hector, you guys need to stop by on your way down to the Dragon and I can have one of the good pistons pulled out (and oil cleaned off) of the blown up engine for you to hang on the Tree of Shame.

We can do that Dan, maybe just leave it on the side of the road, we'll pick it up:crazy:

Have you guys looked at the who's going list, Jason is kicking serious ass and making our 8th annual Fall Dragon Run a real event all by himself, damn!!! He's working on 5 more additonal cars and I for one would like to tip my cap to him (well, if I were wearing a hat I would:shrug:)

BTW, anything new with you guys:shrug:

Hector, you guys need to stop by on your way down to the Dragon and I can have one of the good pistons pulled out (and oil cleaned off) of the blown up engine for you to hang on the Tree of Shame.

I think you should hang one of the damaged pistons or a bent/broke rod on the tree!

Back