• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

This guy's calling your out Josh!

This guy's calling your out Josh!

img1281118471012.jpg

He said something about meeting up in the middle of the desert in the early morning hours:shrug:

I got some wheels the other day, but they're not getting tires until the spring. Stockies are going to winter duty. 17x8 +35 so the fitment is aggressive w/o needing excessive camber. Should be nice and flush, no stretching tires, a little camber, and rolled fenders.

The color is hyper gray, but I'm considering something more "flashy". J's racing teal or Takata green could happen.

I haven't really taken pics of this car like I would have earlier in life, don't have much to share. You just have to see it in person!

Just spoke with a guy named Ethan from Muskegon Michigan today, a member of xceedspeed and he really sounds like he's going with us on our run, so Randy, you'll have another silver S2000 down there with you. His car has coilovers and some rims he's getting repainted a nice turquois color. Ethan told me he's replacing the clutch too. The car is an early model with 95k on the clock and he's really looking forward to the run. It looks like he's going to leave early enough to meet up with both the Detroit crew and our Chicago group, should be interesting for sure.

After this hot as summer, I really can't wait for the run, not to mention we'll end up closer to 25 cars this year once we get closer to the actual run and like I said before, there's other places to stay since we'll be full at Caney Creek, heck, this guy Ethan is the guy talking about putting up a tent, that would be another first for our Dragon Run!

The guy Ethan is confirmed to go, got a txt from his this afternoon and I also suggested for him to join the CEG so he can get to know everyone. Talked to him on the phone yesterday for about 30-40 minutes and he sounds like a level-headed guy too, perfect for our group. Now as far as another xceedspeeder besides Joe (240SX), Jim and Dennis (Fiero) and Ken (EVO Jr) there is another guy with a Terminator Stang that said he's going and a guy with a modded Grand Am GT too, but we'll see when the time gets closer. I have to say I've got a good feelin' about these guys too!

Hectour, it will be good to have your Dad back out with us again, we can never have too much firewood or someone with enough nerve to explore the base of the Bald River Falls. Not to mention the times you get to share with your Dad out there, priceless!

Its probably a good time to start adding those little "MUST HAVE'S" for the Dragon Run too, for the noobs that will be visiting and reading all the posts, so let me start with things that are very important for the run:

1. 2-way radio....the channel this year is 8, as in our 8th annual Fall Dragon Run...fresh batteries too!
2. quart of oil
3. wheel cleaner, trust me, your wheels get dirty and if you care at all about your wheels, you'll need it (I've only got so much)
4. hoodie, jacket or sweatshirt, remember last year when the fog rolled in...burrrrr

Paul Coffey number of days to go:cool:

I love using sports players numbers for the countdown!

BTW, I'm monitoring 2 other sites (xceedspeed and FitFreaks) and we're going to have company down there. The Fit site appears to have 2 other Fits, local guys and a Crosstour, another local guy. The guy with the Crosstour has a modded Fit but doesn't wanna bring it for some reason. The xceedspeed site I already told you guys about.

Suggestions about making this run run smoothly are welcomed. I don't wanna add any "structure" to this run as its a vacation for everyone but I don't wanna hold up an entire group because a couple people wanna take pics. Remember, like every year, we're going to have noobs out there with us and I'm sure they wanna see and take pics. I for one don't mind staying back with those people, not to mention my car is going to be very slow on the Skyway so I can stay back and do this for those guys. We can all meet up at the end of the Dragon near the lake/bridge/rock slide area anyways.

Suggestions again are welcome.

I would say break it up into 2 groups (at least). 1 group of noobs but have at least 2 Vets that dont mind stopping and taking pictures (Roger, you sound like you might be a good candidate for that). the other group is then vets who dont want to stop. :shrug:

img1281561292529.jpg

Sorry about the pic being so small, its the way it was sent to me. This should get your blood flowing a bit more:shrug:

Oh my how we've grown! This is from only 3 years ago, can you believe it!!!
100_5691.jpg

the funny part about that pic roger is that only 4 of the cars in that picture are CEGers. :laugh::laugh:

Just spoke with a guy named Ethan from Muskegon Michigan today, a member of xceedspeed and he really sounds like he's going with us on our run, so Randy, you'll have another silver S2000 down there with you. His car has coilovers and some rims he's getting repainted a nice turquois color. Ethan told me he's replacing the clutch too. The car is an early model with 95k on the clock and he's really looking forward to the run. It looks like he's going to leave early enough to meet up with both the Detroit crew and our Chicago group, should be interesting for sure.

After this hot as summer, I really can't wait for the run, not to mention we'll end up closer to 25 cars this year once we get closer to the actual run and like I said before, there's other places to stay since we'll be full at Caney Creek, heck, this guy Ethan is the guy talking about putting up a tent, that would be another first for our Dragon Run!

Have him post some pics of his S2000. I want to see a silver one on coilovers and I want to see his wheels. I still haven't decided on my wheel painting. Maybe a kind of mag blue.

Almost done painting my car, but I'm unsure on the wheels. I was going to get some fresh 13x7 +0 Panasports with fat 215 tires, but that didn't work out, so I'm gonna throw some cheapies on the stock steelies for now. I might repaint the wheels because they look like crap. I'm thinking black honestly, but Takata green is always nice; but then I'd have the Joker's car and that wouldn't be cool. :( But then again, I am consulting a 6-pack of Milwaukee's Best for ideas. :crazy:
ry%3D400

I figure since I'm going to have to keep the stock wheels at least for now, I'll slam that ish to the ground; tuck 'em and fack 'em.

Back