• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

North Central Regional Classifieds

WTB CLutch Disk

WTB CLutch Disk

looking for a Clutch disc for my 2000 Merc Mystique Gs :help: it's the 2.0 zetek MTX i can get my flywheel resurfaced and the pressure plate so i'm just looking for a disc as mine is working it way out.... too many burnouts... let me know as this is my DD and a new matched set is too much for my DD

looking for a Clutch disc for my 2000 Merc Mystique Gs :help: it's the 2.0 zetek MTX i can get my flywheel resurfaced and the pressure plate so i'm just looking for a disc as mine is working it way out.... too many burnouts... let me know as this is my DD and a new matched set is too much for my DD

Cheapest I could find for a new clutch kit was $186 shipped.

Exedy OEM Clutch Kit Ford Contour 95-00 2.5L

For a new Disc alone, $136 shipped

1998-2000 Ford Contour Clutch Disc Sachs

If this is out of budget, I would PM Blu_Fuz (Joe) and svttout (Sam) and see if they have a used one they would let go cheap. Both Joe and Sam usually have a stockpile of used parts and are the Sanford & Son's of CEG :D

Looking for some winter tires and/or steelies or cheap wheels ready for tires. Let me know if you have anything laying around or know of a good deal. Definitely willing to make a trip down to the cities or elsewhere for a good deal. Thanks.

Looking for some winter tires and/or steelies or cheap wheels ready for tires. Let me know if you have anything laying around or know of a good deal. Definitely willing to make a trip down to the cities or elsewhere for a good deal. Thanks.

PM TRicker. I think he might have a set of steelies.

On a side note, anyone have any pre98 tail lights, pre98 decklid, and a post98 decklid with no spoiler holes in good shape(don't care what color)?

i did have a set of steelies but i think i only have 3 with tires on them. i have a set of four 15" tires on 5 lug steelies from my SHO which i could throw in, and just have one or all of them swapped to the 4 lug wheels. PM me if you are interested, i hardly want anything for them i just need them out of my garage

3L parts (from taurus/ sable)
this last sping/summer i swapped the engine in my sable over to an 04 due to my low oil pressure light popping on constantly it was not knocking or making noise but i played it safe anyway. now i have a few parts that i can no longer use on my car so i am hoping that someone here may be able to use them. all parts are located in paynesville minnesota (zip 56362)

from my 2000 sable duratec engine. all of the parts from this car
will have 120k miles unless otherwise stated. these parts are from an oval port with front mount waterpump
- upper intake manifold with throttle body (will separate) all sensors
will be removed if interchangeable with my 04 engine. this is the
smooth intake great for a clean engine appearance
-all coolant hoses except the heater hoses including the thermostat
housing. same as 96-00 taurus/sable.
-water pump 96-00 taurus/sable.
-rear breather tube (20 bucks at the dealer new) mine has less than 5k
miles.
-front exhaust manifold.
-belt tensioner still held tight AFAIK.
-serpentine belt with about 10k miles higher end napa brand one (i
think 70 plus dollars new)
-egr tube.
-any other engine parts (valve covers, sensors, flywheel, etc.)

parts from my 04 donor engine that could not be used during the swap
engine has 20k on it.
-injectors some are plugged not sure if they can be saved or not? $25
-lower intake manifolds.
-fuel rail with sensor.
-DPFE.
-intake accordion tube.
-thermostat housing.
-bypass tube (referred to as coolant manifold this one is plastic and
04-05 specific)
-coolant temp sensor (not the kind that screws in)
-engine wiring harness uncut! no tabs were broken either if i remember correctly.

thanks guys!!

i am also still looking for a set of rims from a pre 98 se need a full set of them in any condition really so long as they are not bent or damaged no longer needed i found a set though i may be looking for a spare one!!

Last edited:
If Anyone cares I have a set of 18 inch Icon rims for contours that I'm looking to sell need tires. There are a couple small dents that need taken out of one but tires held air when they were on. Also dents can be taken out for around 60 (not by me) only asking 100 for the set of four I will not go any lower as that is what I paid.

looking to sell a few things for dirty-dirt cheap manggggg

got a set of svt cams for sale with chains and crank sprocket
some valve covers that need to be blasted and powder coated yo'
gots an xcal3 to sell too. pm me fo' details. ish' is goin cheap. i'm done with contours. time to go faster know m' sayin?

EDIT: SOLD

I no longer have a need for these wheels and tires. They have been sitting in my garage for the past year unused. I bought these Nitto SN1 tires new 2 years ago and they now only have about 2500miles on them. I used them for a single winter. Fantastic tires, best money I ever spent towards winter driving. Since I am no longer driving my Contour in the winter I have no use for them.

On with the pics... you can see how new the tires are still have the rubber strands sticking off the side wall and in the top view you can still see the yellow and blue lines that are on the tires when they are new.

overviewq.jpg

sideviewj.jpg

tiretread.jpg

Last edited:
14 inch tires for sale

14 inch tires for sale

hey guys i have two 185/75R14 and two 185/70/R14 tires forsale i would like PM FOR PRICE for a pair they are located near cedar rapids iowa if anyone in the area is interested call 319-573-0807

Last edited by a moderator:
wtb a couple things.

used mirko or mach spliter
svt side skirts, any color w/ or w/o jpc's.
interior peice that runs under the doors and is kinda the kick panel for the pasenger side.
also pre-98 trunk with tail lights and a lip spoiler if anyone has them
and lastly a set of 18" wheels in good condition silver or chrome, 5-6 spoke design. thx guys :)

also looking for a t-red hood 98+ in perfect cond. cheap. pm your price on this and items above.

Anyone have and oil pan laying around that will fit a V6?

I cracked mine and need a replacement and figured maybe there is one laying around.
(Perhaps you upgraded to the Escape pan?)

Thanks, change of plans, I'm going to cut my losses and part the car.

Parting out - '97 Contour GL, ATX, V6 170k on chassis
Was purchased new by my sister from Tenvoorde, I bought it from her @ 66k and put the rest of the miles on it.

I was planning on driving it to at least 200k, and was mainting it as such, but when the transmission started going I realized how ready I was for something with some space. After 5 months of stewing and searching I picked up a Honda Element.

I was going to finish fixing the transmission (swap out torque converter) and sell the car. unfortunately it now has a torque converter stuck to the flywheel. It has consumed enough of my time and money and I need to get it out of my friends garage so I'm goign to sell off the bit that are still worth money and sell the rest for scrap.

Chassis, etc. (this is all going to a yard in about a week if there is no interest.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Body is in decent shape, no major dents, etc.
Engine has 170k, burns a little oil, unfortunately there is a torque converter that won't come off the flywheel.

The struts, front wheel bearings, balljoints, and stabilizer arm links all have about 20k on them

Front calipers are about 4 months old.

I believe the alternator is already spoken for

I you want parts the make the car un-rollable (i.e. ball joint/strut) I'll need a crappy replacement or you get to take the entire car.

I plan to roll it out of the heated garage on Sat, And I can't park it on the street in Brooklyn Center, so if you want something be quick. (then again, I suppose I could tow it over to N Minneapolis.)

Transmissions & stuff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rebuilt ATX valve body w/ sonnax parts, used 4 months
New Torque converter
New TSS
(And a ATX from this '97 with 170k if wanted)

Also, an ATX with 80k from a '96 (no torque converter)

Wheels
Two sets of almost new Michellin tires on 14" aluminum rims (185/70/R14)
4 Michellin Harmony, on the car for only a summer
4 Michellin X-Ice 2's, on the car last winter and 2 months this year. (These things are AMAZING, I already bought a set for the Element.)

I also have two 14" steel rims and 6 hub caps that are laying around.

Service Manuals
Haynes, Chilton, Ford Service and Ford EVTM.

Sound
4 Pioneer speakers
JVC HD radio

For Sale

For Sale

Set of 4 17" Enkei RS5's in good shape

2000 SVT UIM powder coated gloss black

Mondeo rear sun shade

Rear strut tower brace

SVT sway bar

New Piaa 510 super white driving beam lamp system fits SVT fog lamp openings

e1 dash wiring harness in perfect condition, with fuse panel.

still looking for parts

wtb grey leather interior. if i can get this then my mnb interior will be up for grabs. so if anyones interested in my interior, let me know as illl be pparking the car for a little while next week to do some mods on the car.

Back