• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

WHP numbers won't be so impressive over a regular 3L maybe 10whp N/A vs. N/A

my buddy has a 2007 mazda 6 with the auto six and 3L vvt motor. he can't hang with my 3L

WHP numbers won't be so impressive over a regular 3L maybe 10whp N/A vs. N/A

my buddy has a 2007 mazda 6 with the auto six and 3L vvt motor. he can't hang with my 3L

The mazda 6 is a heavier car most of them are ATX's I have a dyno with just headers at 216whp which has a mafia tuner stock motor.

Here is a tuned car no headers MTX

878382_215_full.jpg

here is another one with no tune stock setup mtx
dynosheet-march32007.jpg

Now you must know that the mazda 6 exhaust is more restrictive than ours they have two precats> two cats> stock resonator> and two mufflers>

The car outweighs us by 300lbs and the stock motor is 220hp 193tq and has a variable cam that give the car more tuning for a smooth torque curve. They also have Crowler cams being made for the car so the hotter cams will make this platform rise even higher. Just imagine if you bumped up the CR to 11:5.1 this motor would be a great NA motor or boosted.

Oh the atx are only putting down 187-whp stock thanks to the slushbuckets ATX so you better be able to stomp them even with mods.

Last edited:
:drool: if you need any CAD drawings done by chance id love to help out! hmmmmmmm i think im going to wait till i can get my hands on that engine!!

anymore pics ??? i also want to see a drive side pic of the belts/pulley arrangement to see if it will fit in my car (rear engined FORD FIESTA UK SPEC)

how much longer till we get a progress report joey? the contour is a garage queen now so i can finally do something to it! i want this setup wether or not you can do it, but it would be easier if you finished this kit! ;)

how much longer till we get a progress report joey? the contour is a garage queen now so i can finally do something to it! i want this setup wether or not you can do it, but it would be easier if you finished this kit! ;)

This was posted on the mazda6 forum 0ct-10-07.

Right Now I have the aluminum plates that will be milled out I am drawing out the measurements and will be cutting some chips soon. The SC will go on a beta tester car and will be tested before I release the production to my CNC machinist to start stocking up on aluminum. I will show you pics of the second prototype (revision) that mounts center of heads eplacing the lower oval port intake tract. Thanks for your patience I am reall sure it will be worth the wait..........Joey

tricker, is that 95 sho taurus you're new daily driver? I see them for rediculously cheap always. I'm talking under $1500 running with no problems, is there a reason for it?

the rear quarters rust out fast. the suspension sag in the rear. of course, mine is sweet. its just got a couple small rust spots starting to form in the rear quarters.

they are cheap becuase nobody wants to pay to fix the things. they need to be fixed just like an SVT does. also, they are a taurus. just not that popular to people that are no into the SHO

if you want one for a daily driver, try to get a 92-95 with the rod style shifter. i'm pleased with mine, but its got handling goodies on it and the trans is rebuilt.

Wow when I left, when my car went out, your turbo kit was still in the works. I am contemplating buying a 3.0L and building it while I search for a body to put a heart in, and a S/C 3.0 CSVT or Cougar would be most excellent.

I think half of CEG is waiting on this kit. I too am extremely excited! :D

Back