• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

Doesnt those type of superchargers wear out the front rod bearings unless you make a kit to distribute the extra load from the supercharger belt?

the SC takes 10hp to turn the impellars 12-14k rpms not much more than you AC but the side load will be put on the upper pulley not on the main pulley. But no it will no wear motor before the power would. Joey

Well I say that or ask cause I was watching trucks last weekend and they was putting the blower that looks just liek that one off the new roush racing f150 onto a regular f150. And the blower came with a new pully set up cause they said if you didnt it would put to much of a load from the tension off the blower belt on the crank and wear out the front rod bearing. But hell im pretty sure you know what ur talking about. I was just wondering

Don't know what kind of tensioner you are going with but if you haven't already decided you might consider an auto-tensioner. This link shows an MP62 on a Miata with a 6 rib auto-tensioner in action:

http://www.fastforwardsuperchargers.com/videos/AutoTensioner.wmv

Belts tend to stretch a bit under load - you can see the tensioner move a bit to keep the load consistent. Also makes belt changes a snap.

Good luck with the project, should make serious power!

Last edited:
Don't know what kind of tensioner you are going with but if you haven't already decided you might consider an auto-tensioner. This link shows an MP62 on a Miata with a 6 rib auto-tensioner in action:

http://www.fastforwardsuperchargers.com/videos/AutoTensioner.wmv

Belts tend to stretch a bit under load - you can see the tensioner move a bit to keep the load consistent. Also makes belt changes a snap.

Good luck with the project, should make serious power!

Looks like a great idea if there is room. Ideally it can be run off the same belt system as everything else with a proper tensioner and idler pulley.

The s/c looks like it will be a great addition to the product lineup and hope it does well, I am going with the turbo cause I like to 1/4 mile race mine and turbo lag is alot better than s/c in the 1/4 mile for fwd cars, expecially csvt;s with traction problems n/a.

But if I get a 2nd csvt, it will get the s/c treatment.

ha ha thats the thing I'm most worried about too. I know he said we can get a scoop but I think that would ruin the lines of the tour. But thats just my opinion, and you know what the say about opinions.....:D

.................You may also wish to consider that a supercharger ALWAYS places drag on an engine, consuming power, whereas a turbo does not. You also see less of an impact on off boost fuel economy with a turbo, because off boost a turbo is not a being a parasite............

This is mainly true with cenfrifugal supercharges. Positive displacement untis like this roots stile and the more fefficient twin scews have very little to no parasitic draw when they are at cruising speed.

Actually based on Kinger's feedback from his Vortech kit he had a while back was obtaining 30mpg still on the freeway with his supercharged 3L. Even centrifugal superchargers can be fuel efficient when off boost.

From Vortech's FAQs on there site:

icn_link.gif
What will a Vortech supercharger system do to my mileage?
When the supercharger system is installed as purchased, mileage often times improves due to the increased engine efficiency. If you tend to drive with a "heavy foot," your mileage may suffer.

This is mainly true with cenfrifugal supercharges. Positive displacement untis like this roots stile and the more fefficient twin scews have very little to no parasitic draw when they are at cruising speed.

Wrong, you have it the wrong way around.

Centri's are more efficient. PD and TS are less efficient.

Wrong, you have it the wrong way around.

Centri's are more efficient. PD and TS are less efficient.

Nope, you just read my post wrong. My comment was that the twins screw is more efficient thant the roots stryle. I wasn't comparing the CS to the positive displacement units.

i want one a buddy of mine has a sss cobalt
i tihkn its a m62 it wines nicely
lemme know when there ready
will i pass emissions?
sorry if this has already been over
i try to read all the posts but i dont have all day (slow reader)

Back