• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Dragon Run, info right here

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?p=187968#post187968

It's NEVER too early to plan these things, as I'm sure Todd, Mark, Chang, Jim/Scott/Mark and now Steeda already know and I thought I'd let you guys know that a date has been reached and cabin info is now up. I'd like to invite you guys down for a weekend of driving, eating and general hanging out (like a meet). Just to let you know that from the general metro Detroit area its about 600 miles/11 hour drive, give or take, so I use the Thursday as a travel day to get there and come home on Sunday. The area is very nice as well as the people in town. This is our 5th annual already and I'd really like to see atleast ONE person come from the #1 region of the CEG besides myself. There is a link for the cabins there already and the post was just made today, so give it some time for it to grow and grow it will. Prices for the cabins are VERY CHEAP!

Hope to see some of you out there!

3 people that are apart of Detroit sportbikes.com wrecked at teh dragon this year

3 people that are apart of Detroit sportbikes.com wrecked at teh dragon this year

Sorry to hear about:eek: Did anyone get messed up real bad:confused: Unfortunatly FIFTEEN PEOPLE have died on bikes on the Dragon in recent years but noone in a car suprisingly enough! I hope stories like this don't keep people from going but if they do, I understand.

they have about 4-8 years of expirence and multiple track days

That just goes to show you what the road is all about as anyone can tell you that's been there! I guess the only thing that's cool, in a way, is the "tree of shame" that they can hang part of the bike from and then submit photos of the rash if they so desire:crazy: I'm sure that in some of the cases though a car is at fault, been there and seen it with my own two eyes. Its common sense out there, enter slow, exit fast and DO NOT outdrive your abilities and/or your cars!

That being said, who's going:confused: :shrug: :laugh:

www.tailofthedragon.com

www.killboy.com

they have about 4-8 years of expirence and multiple track days

The only thing I can argue is that the driver is always at fault in situations like that... Outdriving your abilities, and even more, your bikes ability (which the bikes are sick I am sure)..

The only bikes I have been on are the CBR929, GSX-R750 and my brothers Ninja ZX-6r ..

It tends to end up how you ride that determines your own fate..

Instead of editing; I took a glance at the website... It's kind of funny how they almost come off as taking the accidents that happen as a sort of pride for the ride.. Kind of strange- And then they add the 'You don't want to be a part of accidents like this, stay in your lane' comment- Seems sort of un-professional (obviously arguments are welcome and no one wants anyone's safety in jeopardy but, come on lol)

The only thing I can argue is that the driver is always at fault in situations like that... Outdriving your abilities, and even more, your bikes ability (which the bikes are sick I am sure)..

problem is, when you're on the street, you're susceptible to others. people in your lane, people who don't see you, and the worst (imo) are douchebags who kick gravel up onto the road. nothing ruins your day like gravel in a corner.

problem is, when you're on the street, you're susceptible to others. people in your lane, people who don't see you, and the worst (imo) are douchebags who kick gravel up onto the road. nothing ruins your day like gravel in a corner.

Gravel is a hassel-- Even in subdivisions when I first started getting on bikes, it was always a warning to watch out for the gravel on the turns or gathering near the edges... I couldn't even imagine it at high speeds (freeways, tracks, what have you)

Especially when you can drive 3 hours to a nice safe roadracing track and run for 60 bucks.

Track day or evening run> Driving down to the TOTD.

Evening run where:shrug: I understand that there are those who don't want to drive that far and all, but its just as much about a vacation as it the road itself. There are other things to do in the area like Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. The Dukes of Hazzard museum is pretty cool IMO. I'm certainly not blaming you or anyone else here for posting what they post, but "the herd" usually follows its leaders, no wonder I can't get anyone to go. I know the track is safe, no doubt about it, but running the Cherahola Skyway/Dragon isn't that unsafe, just use common sense or go out at nightime to avoid others. I just like getting away for the better part of a weekend and enjoy the drive, that's it.

I guess when I get around to doing my Route 66 run that's totally out of the question here:shrug: :drool:

There's a difference between cruising a nice twisty road and going balls out on said road... which it seems like a lot of people do down there.

There's a reason I drive 50' back from a CEG convoy and it's the same reason I'm not gonna go balls out on a twisty road w/ a bunch of idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJCdnkrAIF0

The idea of staying back 50' on a "contouravan" is pretty smart, but you've got to consider who's actually in it and what they're driving too Derek:shrug: Now as far as idiots go, well yes, there are those on the Dragon because its a public road but for the most part I haven't run into those guys out there and I for one don't go "ball out" when I'm out there, you really can't/shouldn't do that anyways. I'd say I drive the car at about 7/10-8/10th when I'm out there.

BTW the music sucks in that video but you get the idea of a night run out there, not too many cars coming the other way, but that still doesn't give you the right to drive the car "balls out"!

Does all this mean no more runs through Hell:confused:

Back