• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Small cars are death traps!!!

dpa43

CEG'er
This is why I don't like driving compact cars!!!

P1011439.jpg

P1011440.jpg

yeah but come on.
How fast was that truck going?
Is there a vehicle out there you'd prefer to be in when that thing is barreling down at you?
accidents happen.

Yeah, because ANYTHING ASIDE FROM A SEMI IS GONNA GO UP AGAINST ANOTHER SEMI AND BE OKAY...:rolleyes:

I agree with you on small cars, I don't like many from a safety standpoint, but this example is retarded.

Last edited:
yeah seriously, as if ANY other car would have done better vs an 18 wheeler!!

i've seen the pics of the victim of that particulat accident. not pretty. not pretty at all.

Looking at that second pic, I've seen very few front axles (on the big truck) push back that far. Both vehicles must have been bringin the mail to do that kinda damage! We just had a Freightliner towed in that went off the road head first into a bridge retainer and the front axle wasn't pushed back nearly that far; and the retainer didn't give way. :shocked:

yeah seriously, as if ANY other car would have done better vs an 18 wheeler!!

i've seen the pics of the victim of that particulat accident. not pretty. not pretty at all.

Those additional pictures are ****ing sick.

Yes they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think it would be a good idea to post those here.

I'm glad you didn't. Considering the steering wheel is touching the rear C-pillar, I don't want to know what the gooey stuff looks like. :(

But wait, I don't think the truck was moving; I think the car hit it wide open. The trailer is still attached at the 5th wheel. Big time head on collisions like that usually knock the trailer/5th wheel off and come up to the cab; not so if the truck isn't moving. :ponder:

haha.. If you copy image location into your address bar it usually will bring up a web site... then just delete the image info... and whaa laa...

The images are VERY graphic and not for the weak stomached as stated above....

Back