• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

On account of circumstances beyond my control...

A magazine tested the same motor set up with similar mods and went around 45mph...:)

wow, how long do the batteries last??

i really have no idea how fast my buggy goes. it has the .25 motor. I brought it to the hobby shop just to make sure everything was ok with it. the guy was very complimentary about it...even though i think it's discontinued now.

some kid was in there with some other car and started bench racing!! he was asking the guy how fast it would go compared to his. the kid said what like 50? and the hobby shop guy said closer to 60.

all i know is it's actually too fast to really have fun with. you really need alot of space to get on it, otherwise it's all gas/brake. i've been meaning to get a body mount kit and an on-road conversion kit since i've rolled it a few times on the street and i don't plan on off-roading it. but yeah, that motor screams...i think it makes like 3hp @ 30k rpm!

running a 12 turn motor on my street rc car was insane. i had it turned and new brushes. went out to race, pulled the trigger and couldnt move my head fast enough to follow it.

aftermath: bent titainuim(sp) hinge pins and wore the tires off. but man were those the fun days

wow, how long do the batteries last??

i really have no idea how fast my buggy goes. it has the .25 motor. I brought it to the hobby shop just to make sure everything was ok with it. the guy was very complimentary about it...even though i think it's discontinued now.

some kid was in there with some other car and started bench racing!! he was asking the guy how fast it would go compared to his. the kid said what like 50? and the hobby shop guy said closer to 60.

all i know is it's actually too fast to really have fun with. you really need alot of space to get on it, otherwise it's all gas/brake. i've been meaning to get a body mount kit and an on-road conversion kit since i've rolled it a few times on the street and i don't plan on off-roading it. but yeah, that motor screams...i think it makes like 3hp @ 30k rpm!

In reality, most 1/8 buggies go around mid-40's, but it really depends on your gearing and condition of the motor, but most test between high-30's and mid to high-40's. You have to have a really high-strung motor to go much past 50...hp numbers are relative, given the differences in dynos each company uses...aside from that, I'd be be surprised if your motor really made 3 hp unless it's some expensive Italian made one...;)

Comparatively speaking, it would be fair race, my problem would be getting the power to the ground without flipping it on it's lid...for a visual reference, my front tires start to turn into pizza cutters at full tilt...

running a 12 turn motor on my street rc car was insane. i had it turned and new brushes. went out to race, pulled the trigger and couldnt move my head fast enough to follow it.

aftermath: bent titainuim(sp) hinge pins and wore the tires off. but man were those the fun days

I recently built up a TC4 for a friend using the new Novak 3.5 brushless motor system...supposed to compare to a 5 to 7 turn motor! Gearing according to Novak, the car is supposed to go around mid-50's with 60mph possible...your 12 turn probably spins at around 40k, this motor is I believe high 70k...needless to say, you need a big parking lot to ring it out, because you find the curbs quickly on the street...:laugh:

I know the thread is drifting, but here's some pictures anyways...:)
IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

It's that big, it barely fits on the bench...:laugh:

Comparatively speaking, it would be fair race, my problem would be getting the power to the ground without flipping it on it's lid...for a visual reference, my front tires start to turn into pizza cutters at full tilt...

mmm...electric motor torque :drool: full torque @ 1rpm. can't beat that!

but yeah, i never really got into specifics with the car. i wanted it as a toy and that's it. hence why i just took it to someone and said make sure everythings ok!

I then added a failsafe, and now i want a roto-start

right now it's sitting in a box. I need new tires. I had some street tread tires, and one of the times i rolled the car was cause the tire came off the rim...but upon further inspection i discovered that the sidewall actually ripped.

also i've found the grub screws that hold the axles into the trans like to loosen up sending things flying around. sucks.

if i ever blow the engine i'll look into a bigger one i guess..but i can see how expensive these things can get and i'm not sure this is the car i want to be spending the money on.

RC is definitely a fun hobby...;) oh, yeah, depending on what gear I'm in, the batteries last around less than 10 to about 15 minutes...

Last edited:
My neighbor has one like that but his is run off fuel i believe. He said his can get to 55mph. The thing is pretty cool. Hes got a bunch of cool toys like a Porsche and all lol.

Back