• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just installed intake

Im gonna go to the track after i get new tires... Im gonna see belt soon:shocked: But ive never been before so ill probly suck anyway lol.

Sounds good man! Keep us posted.....

*Mystique Whoring mode on!*

here's a burnout clip of my Mystique during the only meet South Central CEG has had in a LOOOOONG TIIIIMMME.

;)http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=992485362

*Whorage off!*

while we're on the subject of merc burnout's...ill add my contribution....

IMG_0045-1.jpg

Get yourself some CD-2 Engine Detailer & hit those hoses & plastics. Aluminum wheel cleaner (acid) & a scrub brush would do wonders on that valve cover :cool:

Last edited:
Is there a wheel cleaner you would recomend for that??? i tried pollishing it already with never-dull but that did very little with the pitting... its starting to come along though....

UPDATE: i dont have any pics cause ive been lazy on that part, but the engine is lookin pretty nice... i used eagle 1 aluminum wheel cleaner, it smoothed the valve cover out pretty nice. Im gonna degrease one more time before i take pics to get all of the excess residue from the aluminum cleaner off. ill post pics sometime this week...

The next day i have off is wednsday... im gonna finish up and take pics then. i cleaned everything thats under the hood so you all will be surprised with how it looks now... My buddy wants me to do it to his 240sx now lol.

I mean inside the coolant tank. I mixed rust cleaning chemicals with stuff i probably shouldn't have and nothing. I'm using a V6 coolant tank because my old one look like it was used as porta-potty. :blackeye:

for you guys that have an intake like the ford focus one in the original post... did you guys see any difference in gas mileage?

Driving normal not flooring it i noticed about 1mpg. But good luck driving normal when you wanna hear the sound of the intake... It sounds awesome

That is the exact same air intake I ordered, good GOD its loud on the VCT Zetec, I have a magnaflow resonator with no muffler at the back my exhaust is loud... and my Intake is 2-3x louder then my exhaust. its reduiculious.

So the 00-04 focus intake kits fit the 95-98 contiques?

Anyone know of anywhere other than Ebay that you can find these things? Cheap enough to buy on Ebay, but man the shipping is more than the item costs!

Last edited:
I only saw it on ebay...Yea the shipping seems a little crazy, but I payed 28$ i think. would you rather pay 30$ or get one of the good ones for 150 when you dont even know it works... i am extremely happy with my setup... I do recomend getting the MAF adapter for the air filter... i dont have it but im getting it. This is deffinatly a good buy and you get crazy performance out of it...

I only saw it on ebay...Yea the shipping seems a little crazy, but I payed 28$ i think. would you rather pay 30$ or get one of the good ones for 150 when you dont even know it works... i am extremely happy with my setup... I do recomend getting the MAF adapter for the air filter... i dont have it but im getting it. This is deffinatly a good buy and you get crazy performance out of it...

Yeah trying to keep costs low as I have other things still needing repairs. Being in Canada really ups the shipping A LOT as well!

Would be fun to hear that thing on the car with my flex pipe cracked in half! :laugh:

Yeah trying to keep costs low as I have other things still needing repairs. Being in Canada really ups the shipping A LOT as well!

Would be fun to hear that thing on the car with my flex pipe cracked in half! :laugh:

Yea i hear ya on the canadian shiping...adds a couple few extra dollars:laugh:

With the cracked flex pipe...i know around here i would be getting disturbing exhaust tickets. It would probly sound extremely mean though:laugh:

Back