• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Winter Wonderland

MrFord

CEG'er
Ahh the sweet sensation that your get, knowing that your car is getting eaten alive by calcium...

Imgp1186.jpg

Imgp1188.jpg

And during my last visit in Montréal :
Imgp1269.jpg

... I went to the AutoShow, and saw that very nice Civic... and they all shoud've stayed that way ;) :
Imgp1257.jpg

Yes, I can see my self riding in that... if they get to do a damn SVT version, I want a stick V6!!
Imgp1220.jpg

Well in Québec they do... I went there over the Christmas break, then again by the end of January.
At least here I get a chance to clean it up, and I almost never use my Contour the rest of the time, so that's not too bad. Not a lot of snow in New York too!

But when I was living in Québec, my other cars looked like that for 6 months. No wonder why I could see the carpet from outside on my Tempo!

Last edited:
I was spinning my tires on the way home at 10mph in 5th gear. The contour has too much torque... or the khumo summer tires i have on don't do well on ice?

I was spinning my tires on the way home at 10mph in 5th gear. The contour has too much torque... or the khumo summer tires i have on don't do well on ice?

Probably the latter...

I love my Blizzak's, but i've also never driven the SVT on the summer tires either. I guess I can't really compare the difference but I can say that Blizzak's are awesome in the snow/ice.

Probably the latter...

I love my Blizzak's, but i've also never driven the SVT on the summer tires either. I guess I can't really compare the difference but I can say that Blizzak's are awesome in the snow/ice.

I have a set sitting in the garage, but i figured i'd tough it out for the one time this winter it snows 'bad'

I've been very tempted to throw on my stock wheels so I can get another season out of the blizzak's...

But, considering we just got like 3" of snow, I think i'll wait a little while...

There is a half-inch layer of ice (1.5" in some spots) completely covering my driveway right now, and we're supposed to get another 8 or so inches of snow tonight. I got stuck behind 6+ salt trucks on various highways last weekend so the Legacy is pure white right now.

Yeah its the same story here! looking at 10 to 15cm tonight, Im happy my car is in the tranny shop still lol :laugh: i dont like to drive it when its crappy out.. I guess a blow diff turned out to be good luck!

Nothing like that here... only an inch or two... the first time this year, and I don't even have to get out with the car!

I really like the Blizzak's too, but as much as they are wonderful in snow and ice, they are just awful in slush, well at least the first generation ones. My Mystique would float bad on slush, but then, nothing could stop it in the snow. And I got 7 winters out of them! But in Québec, you really ride on snow most of the time, which make a big difference.

This winter, I ride on a mix of old Blizzak on the back, and BF Goodrich Winter Slalom on the front, and even if they are on their last winter, the grip is impressive. Call me chicken, but I can't imagine myself without winter tires, even for that 1 snowstorm in New York :laugh:

we didn't get much snow, and it's mostly gone now...but i'll be damned if i didn't get home from work and take the R out snow drifting! god i love that car! it was also fun going up the steepest hills and having to drive around people as they got stuck. lulz

Last edited:
there's steep hills on staten island?? ever been upstate:laugh:
we only have like 2 inche's here

nothing to compare to upstate...but there's a few of the "rich" communities that are on top of hills and the roads going up to them are extremely steep.

Here ya go...

It's a bit dark but you can see the filth on the front end:
frontdirt.jpg

2059alldirty.jpg

back.jpg

sidedirt.jpg

Of course it doesn't look like that anymore. ;)

Back