• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello Cobalt SS Turbo

If you can afford to wait I would suggest waiting for the Cruze SS to come out. It will have a better chassis and everyone who's seen one says they seem much better built. Of course you may find a bargain on a Cobalt SS since the Cobalt is technically discontinued now.

The Cruze is already out as a Daewoo in Asia. It looks pretty decent, especially in WTCC trim.

The Cruze is already out as a Daewoo in Asia. It looks pretty decent, especially in WTCC trim.

Yeah its finally looking like a good little car from GM. Its horrible that GM didnt try harder to come up with a class competitive car in the decades they built the Cavalier/Sunfire/Cobalt.

Check out BSR performance for the ECU re-flash for that car, 315/323 are the numbers after doing the conversion from Nm:crazy: and for the price you can't beat what you get, imagine what happens with the right intake and dowpipe and/or exhaust:drool::drool::drool:

Congrats on the car Chris!

Check out BSR performance for the ECU re-flash for that car, 315/323 are the numbers after doing the conversion from Nm:crazy: and for the price you can't beat what you get, imagine what happens with the right intake and dowpipe and/or exhaust:drool::drool::drool:

Congrats on the car Chris!

Thanks, and I'll check them out. I hope they don't run A/F's too lean, aww heck, might as well give it a try. :laugh:

Finally got the car home yesterday, tons of snow the days between signing the paper work and picking it up. It's sitting under a car cover until I get a good dry (road) day to take it out. I have lots planned for this car. :rolleyes:

You bought the wrong car then. If I had one, it would be getting the ECU reprogram with more boost within a week, especially when you can pick up all that power for $600 AND not void your warranty.

You bought the wrong car then. If I had one, it would be getting the ECU reprogram with more boost within a week, especially when you can pick up all that power for $600 AND not void your warranty.

Oh, I haven't decided on that one cause I am thinking of going with the Synapse or Hahn Turbo upgrade. If I don't do the turbo upgrade, I'll do an ECU tune only using the stock turbo.

n2306597_47984533_942.jpg

I really like mine...just hate the shape it is in with the winter weather... :blackeye:

No offence, but why did you get another FWD car that is going to make godly power?

I figured after you had 2 300+whp fwd cars that you would step up to a RWD car and actually put the powa down.

No offence, but why did you get another FWD car that is going to make godly power?

I figured after you had 2 300+whp fwd cars that you would step up to a RWD car and actually put the powa down.

I could have, but not much in RWD, if anything brand new, for around the price I paid for the SS. Launch control works good in these cars.

Back