• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello Cobalt SS Turbo

Hey Chris, what tune are you thinking about running in your SS:confused: how about the exhaust size/muffler:confused: and intake:confused: I'm looking forward to seeing how this all comes together because if its done anything like your CSVT, its going to be first rate for sure!

About the tune, sound like GM is still going to make a stage 1 upgrade (tuning and parts) for the Cobalt SS, so I might try that since I can get the kit and the labour (to install and flash the ECU) at cost. If not, I'll try Trifecta, or the Hahn PPC Tuner. All sound promising. Saying all of that, I may just get a bigger turbo, one that will power up to 6000rpm, probably a GT28 or so, nothing super big, but something that I can have around 350 to 380hp to the wheels, and still be drive able.

I am really liking the Hahn Racecraft 3" exhaust. I'll need to change the downpipe too, that is, unless I change the turbo, then a new DP will come with the turbo. The Hahn exhaust system, of all the ones I have listened to, is the ticket for my personal taste. For me, it just sounds right. I'd really like to do a dual rear exhaust (a kit exists), but it sounds like a fart can, not what I want for this car.

You may not see me do the CF stuff on this car, keep it more sleeperish, but it will not look stock when I am finished with it. :)

Please send me details on the dome light and the the pedals.

If you are a member on the cobaltss.net, there is a how to for the dome light, and a couple of threads on the pedal set. If you are not a member, I am not sure if you can read the how to's. The pedals are GM accessories.
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/ac...Cobalt/Pedal Cover/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

The dome light is not SS part, but a regular Cobalt part. The part has to be modified, wiring has to be soldered to the light fixture, wires spliced into the stock wiring harness.

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124078

Thats funny they did the same thing as the SVT and left out a rear dome light. The armrest looks sweet though and tall enough to actually be used unlike the one in the SVT.

Yeh, I added the domelight in my SVT too, still have a spare one brand new in the box. This is a Ford part.

I still haven't found a decent pre98 console to use so that I can have a proper armrest in the SVT. I'm still looking. :crazy:

If you are a member on the cobaltss.net, there is a how to for the dome light, and a couple of threads on the pedal set. If you are not a member, I am not sure if you can read the how to's. The pedals are GM accessories.
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/ac...Cobalt/Pedal Cover/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

The dome light is not SS part, but a regular Cobalt part. The part has to be modified, wiring has to be soldered to the light fixture, wires spliced into the stock wiring harness.

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124078

Thanks for the link to the how to, I will be doing that shortly. I already did the armrest, and pedals will be next.

I am on CSS.net, but like CEG, lately my free time has been jacked.

I bought WeatherTech digitalgit floor mats. Ridiculous is the only way to describe them:

460661_Yukon_07.jpg

http://www.weathertech.com/store/product.aspx?ItemGroupId=52

Thanks for the link to the how to, I will be doing that shortly. I already did the armrest, and pedals will be next.

I am on CSS.net, but like CEG, lately my free time has been jacked.

I bought WeatherTech digitalgit floor mats. Ridiculous is the only way to describe them:

460661_Yukon_07.jpg

http://www.weathertech.com/store/product.aspx?ItemGroupId=52

I can get the Weathertech digifit floor mats from one of my suppliers, but I didn't get them for my Cobalt for a couple of reasons. The first is that they only make a front set for the Cobalt. The second reason is that I bought a set of these for my wife's Escape, and for my previously owned Pacifica, and had an issue with both vehicles. The mats are great for protecting your carpets, but they do have enough depth in the channels to store water and dirt. They get very slippery (when wet) and to the point where you can slip and hurt yourself when getting in and out of the car. I had to roll up an old towel, place it at the base of the driver's seat to act as a sponge to soak up water when the vehicle moves forward (water would naturally flow to the towel). The mats also become very hard in the cold weather since they are more like plastic than rubber, makes it difficult to remove in the winter for cleaning.

Sorry if I sound really negative, but Weathertech should make those changes, deeper channels, a slightly softer material, and the product would be ideal. :laugh:

Yikes, sorry to hear about the boo boo. :shocked:

Yeah, first thousand miles. Woman at a stop sign in a 2008 Saturn OUTLOOK, throws it into reverse and just backs into me...I was honking as soon as her reverse lights came on over a duration of about 6-7 seconds before impact. I couldn't do anything...

She said she couldn't hear her reverse beeps going off...or my F-ing horn...

Personally, I think it was her five chins that hindered her ability to turn her f-ing head around...chatting on the cell probably didn't help either...

That is another mod on my list...hella supertones! :eek:

Nice! I really need to add the dome light in mine...I went from the well lit interior of the Mystique, having a total of 6 interior lights stock...to the all black interior in my Cobalt with 2 barely usable lights.

Nice! I really need to add the dome light in mine...I went from the well lit interior of the Mystique, having a total of 6 interior lights stock...to the all black interior in my Cobalt with 2 barely usable lights.

The dome light is doable, but it's a pain in the neck to snap the fascia to the back plate. I had to stick one hand/arm up above the headliner to support it while trying to snap it together using the other. Heck, it's all the fun when one is trying to install a part that was not originally meant for this vehicle. :rolleyes:

Finally had some nice weather, so while I was power washing the driveway, I had a chance to take some full vehicle pics.

100_1771.JPG

100_1770.JPG

100_1769.JPG

Also installed some Cobalt Sill plates too.

100_1776.JPG

100_1774.JPG

And this will be going in soon. :crazy:

100_1768.JPG

Damn I love that car in white!

And it's going to be a rare one in my province (maybe in Canada) in 4 doors. As to my GM contacts, one looked up the vehicle list, and only one 2009 white 4 door SS was ordered by a Chevy dealer back in October 08, the remainder either black or dark red.

When I purchased mine in January of this year, no other orders for 4 door SS models were on the production list since 14 of them still weren't sold from the October production run. There are lots of SS coupes, all colours, but the 4 door SS models will be not so common, especially since GM stated that this is the last year for the Cobalt SS, probably no 2010 SS model, then the Cruze hits the streets in 2011.

Back