• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Some Updated pics

Very nice....I love the torque and how well it rides. Makes me want something bigger and more comfortable.

I know why you got rid of the Evo. If Kim didn't have the CX7, I would be driving something like yours for sure.:cool:

When we doing the HID bulbs swap!?:laugh:

well since you might be stoping by saturday :ponder:, We might be able to do them then, Should look a lot better with the 6k bulbs :cool:

and im hoping to order the HIDs for the Fogs this weekend, We will see what happens :laugh:..

standard.jpg

very nice looking ride.

It's weird to think of you as a family man.
But I think I have some visual aids to help everyone envision it.

Soon you will buy a new house to go with the new car:

d6752c3e-4d54-42fe-91f2-2e868e4a7e12.jpg

And here's a picture of the whole family together:

EwokFamily.jpg.w300h165.jpg

Brings a tear to my eye. Our Kebbin all growed up.

Well it does a couple things, It raises the upper plenum so that its off the block, Which helps keep the upper and TB a lot cooler..

Second it raises the Upper so that the lower can get more air in quicker..

home.jpg

At the optimum height and yielding the best overall gains, the Motordyne 5/16" plenum spacer outperforms the competition and conveniently keep your engine cover and strut bar in place.

This stealth modification adds 11HP-13HP and is the simplest to install.

All Motordyne melt proof plenum spacers come with pre-attached, high quality gaskets.

That is a well worth mod, that was the very first performance mod I did to my 350Z. $200, an hours of time, and a good 10-12 hp gain and you should notice that the sometimes shakey idle on the VQ motor after some stop and go city driving is cleared up. Very nice truck, I'm jealous everytime I see one because it's kind of a 350z/G35 for all year Northern pleasure. :laugh::drool:

May I ask, about how much did you pick it up for? Seems like the release of the redesigned FX hasn't yet hit the used values, yet. I'm hoping by winter time, there will be a lot more available on the market in the low 20's with low miles to justify a new ride. Did you look at an FX45 for comparrison? The power and sound says yes but the gas mileage and usual $5K difference says no. :blackeye:

That is a well worth mod, that was the very first performance mod I did to my 350Z. $200, an hours of time, and a good 10-12 hp gain and you should notice that the sometimes shakey idle on the VQ motor after some stop and go city driving is cleared up. Very nice truck, I'm jealous everytime I see one because it's kind of a 350z/G35 for all year Northern pleasure. :laugh::drool:

May I ask, about how much did you pick it up for? Seems like the release of the redesigned FX hasn't yet hit the used values, yet. I'm hoping by winter time, there will be a lot more available on the market in the low 20's with low miles to justify a new ride. Did you look at an FX45 for comparrison? The power and sound says yes but the gas mileage and usual $5K difference says no. :blackeye:

Yes i did notice a nice difference with the MD and like you said, The price is right...

I got mine for 21.5 with 30k...Ive been looking and looking and once i found this one i was set,

I didn't get to drive the FX45 but again, You pointed out why i went with the 35 vs the 45..

What else have you done to the Z that you would recommend, I'm looking for things that will actually help..Anything exhaust im really not looking to do..

Thanks guys, Honestly i love this thing, Its honestly pretty freaking fast, You wouldn't think so for an SUV but its got 280hp and 270TQ, and the VQ35 is a great motor,

The ride in this is very comfortable, Its AWD, Its got leather, Heated seats, Cruse control, the Bose system with 6 disk changer and lots more..

Ryan, I love the exhaust note dude, God i love crusing with the windows down just to hear it..

AS far as plates, The new plates are on the way..Had to keep the same theme going lol...QWK FX 35..

Yeah dude mine is 275hp and is pretty quick but those things are just nasty quick dude. I have seen them at the track and for a suv:shocked: they are fast. I would kill for mine to sound like yours.

Yes i did notice a nice difference with the MD and like you said, The price is right...

I got mine for 21.5 with 30k...Ive been looking and looking and once i found this one i was set,

I didn't get to drive the FX45 but again, You pointed out why i went with the 35 vs the 45..

What else have you done to the Z that you would recommend, I'm looking for things that will actually help..Anything exhaust im really not looking to do..

Wow, that's a nice price!!

I had them done and so has several people I know, they have replaced their injectors with the Deatschwerks 500cc Injectors, they are pricy (I think they are around $400.00 for the set) and with a tune have gotten some pretty impresive gains.

The pop chargers have good results with intakes.

I just recently installed JWT C8R Camshafts and valve springs/ shims. I'm waiting on a retune but the gains are projected to be around 30whp +supportive mods. It's expensive ($1300.00 + tune and labor), but you can't really do much more as far as N/A build than a new set of cams. Problem is, once you do that, you'll have to do injectors, exhaust, headers, etc...

There are a few companies that make shift kits for the automatic 350z's that work for the FX and I hear they make a great improvement, and they aren't expensive. I don't know if your tuner can just make trans mods to the shift points when you have it tuned or not, find that out.

There are a couple of plenum spacers and manifold spacers that Motordyne make that are supposed to have some good overall performance results, like better cooling, but I've not tried them and don't know anyone that has praised or knocked them.

There is a simple IAT relocation mod that is probably posted all over the 350z/ G35 forums, I think it's as dumb as the resistor mod but it involves relocating it further down the plenum, I tried it, doesn't feel liek it does sqwat, so I put it back.

I think more importantly, just make it look good because it's already a diamond! The BLOSE audio could use some help, I wish Nissan and Infiniti would have chosen a better quality auido system for their sound upgrade.

Turbocharger?

LOL no way man, Maybe a Stillen S/C way down the road, who knows

Yeah dude mine is 275hp and is pretty quick but those things are just nasty quick dude. I have seen them at the track and for a suv:shocked: they are fast. I would kill for mine to sound like yours.

Yeah ive seen some time posted and im really curious to see what mine is gonna run, should know when i got to Subaru shoot out..I hope to have my tune before then.. Im hopeing to be in very low 15s.

Wow, that's a nice price!!

Thanks for all the info :cool:

And i agree with Ryan again, I really like my Bose, It might be different then the Z's..Does your have 11 speakers and a Sub woofer ?

Yeah ive seen some time posted and im really curious to see what mine is gonna run, should know when i got to Subaru shoot out..I hope to have my tune before then..

And i agree with Ryan again, I really like my Bose, It might be different then the Z's..Does your have 11 speakers and a Sub woofer ?

Yeah man you gotta post the times up when you do run. And yes the sub and all the speakers make a huge diff, I have it in mine and the trailblazer.

Bose is a great audio system, it's the Z/G35 component locations that make the audio sound like it's gasping when mildly cranked up. The Z's Bose audio has 6 speakers and a 10" sub behind the drivers seat. With 11 speakers and a lot of factory wattage pumping though essentially a well insulated speaker box, I bet the audio sounds fantastic in the FX. :drool:

it's cool for what it is.... but i consider an evo a family car. :laugh:

i wouldn't get rid of it unless i had four kids. :D

Back