• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2000 SVT sunroof

Here is what your up against. Motor is in the rear.

2009-06-16_6.jpg

In the next 3 pictures you can see the factory headliner that was left under the one ASC put in after the install.

2009-06-16_4.jpg

2009-06-16_5.jpg

2009-06-16_7.jpg

These sunroofs are a quality unit, not a :censored: hackjob like most aftermarket units. All drainage tubes and wires properly installed.

Please let us know how it goes, oh and your welcome. :)

No problemo, glad to help. :) If you remove the headliner from the rear the motor is right there.

What issues are you having with yours? Just not opening/closing?

yeah just not opening at all, when i got it they said it had been sitting a while so it was probably a fuse that went bad, but i checked ALL the fuses and there were only 2 that were bum and i replaced them..

and i hate to sound like a greedy ???? but how do i safely remove the headliner?

yeah just not opening at all, when i got it they said it had been sitting a while so it was probably a fuse that went bad, but i checked ALL the fuses and there were only 2 that were bum and i replaced them..

and i hate to sound like a greedy ???? but how do i safely remove the headliner?
just look at it. first id start with the oh ???? handles, and then the dome light, sunvisors, and then keep looking from there @ what might be holding it. I am pretty positive you dont have a factory headliner cause iirc they never had a tan one. Soooooooo it prob wouldnt be the same removal process regardless.

ah ok i just didnt want to start pulling ???? off without a little idea of what i was gtting into.. im guessing on the :eek:h ?????: handles. the little rectangle things on the sides of them pop off and reveal screws underneath?

that was my first thought but i didnt want to mangle someting trying to get it off and have it be in vain you know?

ah ok i just didnt want to start pulling ???? off without a little idea of what i was gtting into.. im guessing on the :eek:h ?????: handles. the little rectangle things on the sides of them pop off and reveal screws underneath?

that was my first thought but i didnt want to mangle someting trying to get it off and have it be in vain you know?
ummmmmmmm iirc yes lemme go out and look at mine real quick lol

ive decided to put this luxury issue on hold for abit and move on to the next thing on my agenda..

3L swap, exhaust, and turbo..

im possibly thinking straight pipes and having it be a true dual. anyone already have this?

Back