• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2000 SVT Contour Full 3L Install (the Beginning)

Yes pre 98 diffs are supposedly stronger, however, time and convience is of the essence for him as he is going to be working on it tonight! I have some diffs with under 20,000 miles in perfect shape so he will be more than fine.

Jeff

uh, I call bs, my 98 came with the cut gears early type diff. the spiders didn't chew up like a PM diff, but I snapped the cross shaft between the planet gears. that was with a poorly maintained 160k mile se 2.5. maybe 160hp? imagine the fun with 220?

get a quaife

and in the news.....

I thought this car came with a newer clutch but no original that is all used up so just one more thing on the money pit list

P.S. Reebs hooked me up with a nice Diff... for cheep. thanks Reebs.

If you need a clutch asap, I should have a new one laying around. I try to always have a few on hand. Let me know.

Jeff

how much? I need a clutch disk

and what kind of diff?

AZ sells the LUK(stock SVT) clutch kit for $255 which didn't seem bad since I could find nothing close to that price everything else is $100 to $200 more.....

and for the Diff I Got from Reebs it is just a stock low mileage unit.... but it will get me on the road and I have no plan of drag racing so I'm sure it will be fine for now....

how much? I need a clutch disk

If you can wait a few days to get it, I would order it from Bill J. at Ford. I don't really want to sell off anymore clutches besides the one I am selling to Purdy. I'm just helping him out as he is local and doesn't have time to wait around for a clutch. I'll just order another one for myself after he picks up one of mine.

new pics of progress....

new pics of progress....

(new) used Spec Clutch
30Duratecengine036.jpg

blown up diff (almost)
30Duratecengine039.jpg

exhaust manifolds installed
30Duratecengine034.jpg

30Duratecengine033.jpg

New(used) slave cylinder/throwout bearing
30Duratecengine038.jpg

Performance Y-pipe
30Duratecengine037.jpg

Cam Covers Installed, Timing Chain Cover installed, Alternator Bracket installed

Nice work so far man....your really moving along nicely.
Kinda tough working in this 20 degree weather.

I had to come over to help my brother pull his gtp trans out of his car. we took it out and put it back together in 2 days really.:crazy:

Nice work so far man....your really moving along nicely.
Kinda tough working in this 20 degree weather.

I had to come over to help my brother pull his gtp trans out of his car. we took it out and put it back together in 2 days really.:crazy:

I've just layered up and been fine haven't needed gloves yet. here is my lates progress more to come sorry about the bad pics but my wife took the good camera and this is all that I have but I wanted to take some pics of the grinding I did on the Passenger Motor Mount as I have had trouble finding any on here...

30Duratecengine042.jpg
30Duratecengine044.jpg
30Duratecengine043.jpg
30Duratecengine040.jpg
30Duratecengine041.jpg

again sorry for the poor quality pics.

Last edited:
Back